What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help! opinions wanted

okay, so someone calls and wants a price on getting their rims painted pink at work the other day. then it dawns on me that pookie, my new beetle, might look sweeet if i painted the rims blue. perhaps to match my blue hood emblem (the old one was peeling so i bought a blue euro emblem) then, when i was driving at work the next day, i see a custom metallic blue painted beetle with matching blue rims. it was moving so i didn't get a real good look but it excited me none the less, much like a small child in anticipation of Disneyland or something. anyway i got someone to photoshop what the car would look like. what do you guys think? be honest.

blueemblem.jpg

blurimsphotoshop.jpg

They look cool, now you just need to put these on either side of the hood and your set !
d8_1.jpg

Don't do it! Don't rice out pook-e

I say it's your car so your choice you have to live with it =P
But if you do do it get them powder coated and not painted. paint chips way to easy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (larry @ June 09 2006,8:59)]Don't do it! Don't rice out pook-e

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseraguy @ June 09 2006,11:52)]They look cool, now you just need to put these on either side of the hood and your set !
d8_1.jpg
oh.. ha ha.

off topic but i did once see a bmw with a type R badge or something stupid on it.

painting my wheels does not constitute ricing it out in my book. please shoot me though if i get an obnoxious exhaust just for the sound and a really bad body kit with a ginormous wing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]painting my wheels does not constitute ricing it out in my book. please shoot me though if i get an obnoxious exhaust just for the sound and a really bad body kit with a ginormous wing.

Painting the wheels is the first step.
smile_n_32.gif

It drives me nuts when people put on loud exhausts. Especially since thos're the people who drive down my street at odd times of the night at two times the speed limit.

Well ricing out cars consisit of, little weird paint jobs, basicaly Gigantic Stickers, New funny looking rims, lowering it, body kit, lights EVERY where...

Thast riced But I think you should just get REALLY shiny rims... those allways look nice but hey its youre car!

Cheers

thanks for the input, guys.

no one else has any comments or anything?

Exhaust can be ricey, if one gets one that sounds like a fart cannon. Mine has a low deep rumble.
blues.gif

I say do it, bugfreak! Every ride can be pimped just a little bit without getting obnoxious!

Capslock

i vote for keeping the bbs's silver. if you really wanna do something to it, how about a 1.8t audi tt intake manifold with the stock twin innercoolers? or maybe a big fmic? since you're in texas, it should be good for a few achpee's. or maybe a new exhaust or downpipe?

fwiw, i'm in laredo tonight, and will be driving north tomorrow, i'll be looking for ya!

peace,
tech...
driving an orange freightliner

Acutaly ive had a change of heart. I say lower it some so you have about 3 inches of space between the road and youre car, get some 20 inch rims, and those really small tires. Some hydrolics, some glo lights. and a body kit!
smile_n_32.gif

jk
Cheers

ha ha!! i've got 18s now... so i was thinking 24s- yep...with spinners! and whatever else costs more than the car itself.

tech!!!! i didn't see you.
smile_n_32.gif

hubby does want to put an intercooler on that thing eventually...
as for the wheels being whatever color i want- i get it done at work at cost. and the BBS wheels are remanufactured (they are OEM for a Jetta GLI)

Back