What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from the Bay Area

P

Pingserasaur

Hey guys, I'm a pretty new grower (if my profile didn't already give it away haha). I recently acquired a young P. Gigantea and D. Multifida var. Extrema about 3 weeks ago. I turned online for tips and help on growing them, and stumbled upon this site. Its great to see a bunch of other interested and interesting people growing these unusual plants.

:welcome:

I suggest consulting this page if you haven't done so already. Your form of D. binata is one of the unique forms that do well as a subtropical year-round.

Thanks muncher. That had ping page had some useful tips

Welcome!

Welcome! Have you heard of the Bay Area Carnivorous Plant Society? You can find information here: Bay Area Carnivorous Plant Society

The next official meeting is going to be at the UC Berkeley Botanical Garden on Jan 23, and there's going to be an informal get-together early next month. If you sign-up for the newsletter (HERE) you will get more details sent to you next week.

Welcome to TF! Do check out the BACPS, it's a great group of people and very welcoming. :)

Welcome TF! I have a few pings as well.

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to check out the BACPS.

jimscott - I'm hoping to find a few of the largest species of pings and produce a huge specimen over the generations :-D

As they say on Facebook, "like".

Back