What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello From Texas

• Thread starter mreaves311
  • Start date
Hello, I would like to first start off by saying this forum is awesome! This will be my second go around at cp collecting. Second go around on here too. Unfortunately the hurricane that hit my area (Houston) a couple years ago tore my greenhouse up and most of my plants. I ended up gifting what was left to friends and family. I decided to try again. As of right now I have a larger sized miranda and about a dozen venus flytraps that i saved from walmart..i actually purchased 3 plants and one had like 10 small ones in it. I was lucky on those, looks as if they just got them in and the plants are in great shape. Next Im need to find a good deal on a mix of sundews. But thats all I got for now... anything you wanna know just ask.

edit... also one of the vft is growing a flower stalk so ill be giving the seeds away on here as soon as they are ready.

Last edited:
Welcome back, mreaves311. I'm so sorry to hear about your greenhouse and the loss of your plants. That must've been very hard to take. It must feel good to be back to growing cp's again. 'Sounds like an excellent start!

Welcome back! I love N. x 'Miranda'! How big of a greenhouse did you have?

thank you. it was a tunnel that was 12 feet deep, 7 feet wide and 7 feet tall. it was an ebay special.

- - - Updated - - -

yea it didnt feel good but im giving it another shot...ill prolly be getting stuff that can stay outside most, if not all year, full sun sitting in water so there will be no need for a greenhouse or a terrarium... so i think im going to stick with mainly vft and temperate sundews this time around.

Very happy to see you!

Back