What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Pennsylvania!!!

• Thread starter Burls
  • Start date
Greetings and Happy New Year!
I have been haphazardly growing cps since the mid 1990s. My first cps were Pinguicula vulgaris grown from Irish seed (north lough corrib, co galway). Have been infatuated with pings ever since, though I am only currently growing two species, P. ehlersiae (common form) and P. gigantea (AL2, AL3, and progeny). Would love to add P. gigantea AL1 to the family, if it is still in cultivation in the US.

I also grow seedling and Blooming Size (BS) Uticularia cornuta (Ontario, Thanks Kristl Walek!), seedling Sarracenia purpurea purpurea (Ontario Orange flower, and Nova Scotia), BS S. leuophylla (Meadowview BRS), and BS S. oreophila (Meadowview BRS).

The CP bug bit me again this past fall and since then I have been voraciously reading the CP forums and have acquired several Cephalotus follicularis, Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor, and Utricularia alpinia, U. sandersonii, and U. livida, as well as numerous seeds. Definitely falling down the rabbit hole now. Also hoping to acquire P. gypsicola, P. cyclosecta, P. lauii, and Utricularia Sect. Iperua and Orchidioides in the near future.

In addition to the green thumb, I am very interested in botany, ecology, and conservation.

I look forward to joining the CP conversation.

Thank you!
H964cT

Last edited:
Welcome to TF! Our family lived near Reading, PA, for a time.

Back