What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello fellow CP enthusiasts!

• Thread starter Marston1
  • Start date
Hi All,

Thanks very much for accepting me to the community!

I'm originally from England and now living in NC. I have been growing CP's for around 45 years. Some of that time was spent growing commercially and supplying Marston Exotics with various forms of Nepenthes. Sadly, Marston Exotics no longer exists in the UK. Paul Gardner bought the business from Adrian Slack after Adrian suffered a stroke and could no longer work and Paul also had to sell most of the business and the Nursery name a few years back too :-(

I have been working in NC for 11 years now and I am about to buy some Land in Boiling Spring Lakes - I am shocked at how the landscape has changed over the years, since I first visited back in 2004. I see a lot of Sarracenia suffering due to the lack of water since the dam broke. I'm also amazed at the resilience of some plants where the soil seems to be almost dry but the plants are thriving!

I'm looking forward to getting back into the CP world properly and look forward to helping rescue plants and help wherever possible with any conservation efforts.

All the best!

Cheers.. Neil

Hey welcome to the forum!

You are joining at a great time as we are in the middle of having the yearly auction! And oddly enough, the auction is helping to buy property in the Boiling Springs Lakes Preserve! Have you seen this:
attachment.php

You'll be living right next door!

Here is the auction link: https://www.terraforums.com/forums/forum159/

Be sure to read the "Auction Rules" and have fun donating stuff and bidding on stuff!

Good Luck and Welcome to the forum! :D

Wow, what a neat history you have! Do you have any photos of your growing in the past? :welcome:

Hi Andrew!

I'm sure I've got a ton of old Photos. I'll see what I can find!

Thanks.. Neil

Back