What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone from Texas

I'm new here - well sort of. I've been a consistent lurker for many, many years now and I've been a regular customer of petflytrap for a bit longer. I never really had the urge to join, but I guess I just decided to give it a shot and see what happens.

My name is Ryan. I'm 17 years old and I am from Lubbock, Texas [Zone 7]. I have had many CPs, but mostly whenever I was quite younger. Back then, I was extremely paranoid about everything, and as most kids are, very impatient and would constantly move my plants every couple of days to different locations. Yeah, not a wise decision ever on my part, but I have definetly learned patience. Now that I am 17, I am very into my social life, but I am now getting back into CPs. I've learned that most CPs are a whole lot more hardy than perhaps some make them out to be, and that is why I have a small Nepenthes and Cobra Lily growing on my south-facing windowsill [with great results, mind you.] I also have 7 VFTs and a Sarr purpurea outside. I really just leave all of them alone and forget about them, and they grow great.

Well, now that you practically know my life story [sorry about that. >.<;] um, Hi? =]

Hi Ryan! Welcome to the forums! Glad to see you up and posting ;-) Catcha around!
Andrew

Hi Ryan and welcome to the forums!

welcome! there is another grower from your area of Lubbock. he grows a bunch of neps! his name on here is phissionkorps.
Alex

Howdy!!! A lot of Texans on this forums--myself included. I transplanted to California years ago, but Texas is my State.

Thank you everyone for the welcomes. :-D

:welcome: I like your avatar.:-O

Welcome to TerraForums.

Welcome to TF!

Better late than never! Glad to have you aboard. I applied for a job at Texas Tech a couple years ago but ended up staying in Kansas. My sister lives in Dallas and I know that Lubbock is like ten hours south of there. My dad used to joke when I was applying at Tech that Lubbock is not at the end of the world, but you can see it from there!

xvart.

Thank you for the welcome, xvart. Actually, Lubbock is about 6-7 hours west of Dallas. It's in the panhandle. And yeah, you probably can see the end of the world from here since it's so flat! :-))

Thank you, jimscott.

You're welcome. I just realized something... aside from the Buddy Holly thing, several years ago, in another life, I did travelling with an environmental company and a bunch of us flew into Amarillo and drove through Lubbock, on our way to the Panhandle of Oklahoma. Anyways, we stopped to eat a touristy restaurant called, "The Big Texan". Ever hear of it?

You're welcome. I just realized something... aside from the Buddy Holly thing, several years ago, in another life, I did travelling with an environmental company and a bunch of us flew into Amarillo and drove through Lubbock, on our way to the Panhandle of Oklahoma. Anyways, we stopped to eat a touristy restaurant called, "The Big Texan". Ever hear of it?

Yes, I have heard of it but I can't say that I've eaten there before.

They've got this deal whereby if one can eat their 72 oz steak and all the trimmings, the meal is free. I opted for this platter thingy and had a bunch of breaded/fried things - rattlesnake, buffalo meat, rabbit, frogs legs, and Rocky Mountain Oysters.

They've got this deal whereby if one can eat their 72 oz steak and all the trimmings, the meal is free. I opted for this platter thingy and had a bunch of breaded/fried things - rattlesnake, buffalo meat, rabbit, frogs legs, and Rocky Mountain Oysters.

Yeah, I have heard of that deal before. And that food you listed sounds really good right now, especially since I'm waiting on dinner at the moment. Haha.

Back