What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hedgehog shots

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
DSC01322.jpg

That's her on the fireplace. That's not poop lol,.it's dirt from wood.

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01319.jpg

Pippi loves fuzzy boots!

DSC01307.jpg

She is just beautiful JLAP! I love her! I wish you would share more photos of her, I've always been very interested in hedgies :bigthumpup:

Thanks. This summer I can let her run around outside again so I'll have lots of pics.

She's really gotten fat lol. When I got her she was pretty much the size of a golf ball.

Wow, I love hedge hogs, too. I almost got one when I was in college. They are adorable. When you let her run around outside does she just cruise around the whole yard? Those are some great closeups. My wife even thinks they are cute!

I love her!

xvart.

Lol, she'll look around then run about 6 feet then take a break and the repeat lol. She likes to dig around and explore lol.

It was funny because the flash didn't bother her one bit, but she'll roll up if she hears a light switch click. Go figure.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't hedgehogs not nocturnal? Sorry for the double negative but I'm not sure what the opposite of nocturnal is.

xvart.

It's diurnal.

No, they are nocturnal and they sleep ALL day. Pippi doesn't wake up until around 1 am. She's always ready to play when I wake her up though lol.

Okay, so that's why she shy's away at the light! lol. I always wondered because at the exotic petstore they always seemed "up and at 'em." Of course, I'm sure people always tapping on the glass and making noises might have them on a jacked up schedule.

xvart.

If you put a light over them at night they will sleep then and be active during the day.

It's a mean trick lol.

I remember when I got her more people were looking at her than the Coatimundi :) I was so proud lol

I was just about to comment that she/he has uhmmm gained some wait. Well I guess its time to roast it. I beat 12 of those on a platter would make a fine meal ;-)

If you put a light over them at night they will sleep then and be active during the day.

It's a mean trick lol.

I remember when I got her more people were looking at her than the Coatimundi :) I was so proud lol

LOL, that's cute :jester:

AHHHHH! How cute. Makes ya just wanna jump in and hug it!!! Love those little critters :)

Hehe, she never intentionally pokes me but whenever I take a shower you can see little marks on my fingers lol.

She's bipolar I'm sure of it! Sometimes she wants to snuggle and sometimes she's mean as hell.

Bipolar? No, she's a female, that's your problem right there! :p

Lol, did you know that hedgehogs don't have periods? That really surprised me when I learned that. I figured they would go into heat like a dog, but it seems they are always ready :)

Hedgehog mating looks painful.

lol. How interesting. I guess there's no "planned parenting" for hedge hogs. lol.

xvart.

Lol, did you know that hedgehogs don't have periods? That really surprised me when I learned that. I figured they would go into heat like a dog, but it seems they are always ready :)

Hedgehog mating looks painful.

Wow lucky hedgy! I bet the boy hedgies just LOVE that ;)

very cute, thanks for sharing

uhhhg... so are you going to breed her?

Nope :) Besides i'll be off to college in a year and I can't take her with me :(

Back