What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!
So, I don't have that big of a collection yet, but I decided to share a few of the Pings that I do have so far:
P. gigantea, more than 5 times the size I got it

P. moranensis x ehlersiae

P. 'Aphrodite.' This one's been weird for me, the main plant flowering, then dying back, and now I have one nice plant and a bunch of plantlets everywhere...

P. rotundiflora x hemiepiphytica. This one nearly died on me, but has begun to recover....

Among my other Pings are lusitanica, primuliflora, grandiflora, and vulgaris, but the rest aren't exactly photo-worthy yet.
~hcarlton

Wow! They're lovely! I really like the tiny one at the bottom! I'm glad it's recovering! =D

Your pings do look nice! I'm hoping to get a couple for myself, too. How do you keep your temperate pings? Outside? What kind of light? Soil? Sorry for the barrage of questions haha!

That's alright. Contrary to what everyone tells me, I keep all of my pings inside (though the tropicals are in a different greenhouse from temperates and annuals), and the temperates grow under 48" T8 shoplights, in a 1:1 peat/perlite soil, like I use for nearly all my carnivores. Depending on the day, they can be anywhere from very moist to nearly waterlogged. Under these conditions, my P. grandiflora move through growth very fast (haven't had the vulgaris long enough to see what they'll do), sometimes going through an entire growth cycle of flowering, growing, and going dormant twice in a year, without any side effects, save from plenty of extra gemmae......

Back