What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you installed the TerraForums app yet?

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello everyone and happy Friday! As we move closer to the NASC auction and I've been upgrading the forum software and looks, I'm very excited to announce to those that haven't noticed: I've got the forum set up as a Progressive Web App. While this isn't actually an app you install from the store it does give app like notifications which I think is super cool!
To check it out, while on your device with TerraForums open click the browser menu bar and you should see one of two options. Either Install app or add to home screen. It seemed to be the same for Android and Apple. From there you can move the app icon wherever you want to see how many notifications you have (conversations and alerts for forums/thread notifications you "watch").
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have been and use the next 2 weeks to get used to it for the auction! As always questions and comments welcome!
Options you'll see in your menu
Screenshot_20210420-210707_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210418-111022_Chrome.jpg

Option to be alerted for a whole forum (IE general, trade etc)
Screenshot_20210430-070552_Chrome.jpg
Option screen for above option.
Screenshot_20210430-070610_Chrome.jpg
Options to watch your new post below submit buttom
Screenshot_20210430-071020_Chrome.jpg
Example of App icon with alerts
Screenshot_20210425-081429_One UI Home.jpg

Cool, thanks for setting this up. That being said, I probably won't use it as the ads are gigantic. I didn't realize how intrusive the ads were on this forum until I turned off my ad blocker...

Collin

Cool, thanks for setting this up. That being said, I probably won't use it as the ads are gigantic. I didn't realize how intrusive the ads were on this forum until I turned off my ad blocker...

Collin

They were not before. The ad service changed at the same time as I changed my forum software and am still playing with it trying to get them back as they were. 🤔 They took away a lot of my ability to pick specific ad sizes/types it seems. I'll keep working at it. Ads are also removed for Thank You members if you wish to support the forum. It's only $15 a year.

Ads are also removed for Thank You members if you wish to support the forum. It's only $15 a year.
Oh, that's good to know. Thanks.

Back