What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Potter and the....

For those of you that have waited for so long for the next Harry Potter book like me.... I bring you this bit of information that I have just come upon... the title for the next and supposedly final installment to the Harry Potter series is..... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

No release date though, sucks, huh? There's already a page for the movie on IMDB, due out in 2010. Jeez, I'll be 20 then, freaky.

J. K. Rowling says that she doesn't have an 8th book planned and does not plan on planning on one any time soon. She didn't 100% kill the idea but you know how people are. In my opinion I think sooner or later there will be another installment but I am a fanboy and that could just be my false hope. :/

I won't be surprised if some of you already know this since it was announced on the 21st of December through a holiday hangman game on the website. I didn't know about it until now. x_x

I read the first three HP books. I thought they were fun books, but by the end of the third one I got a little tired because the plot was too similar. First was how awful HP family was and how mean they were. Then some great escape from the closet under the stairs. Then some crazy book buying and wand hyjinks... blah blah. However, I have heard that the format of the latter books has changed dramatically so I know this argument does not hold weight anymore. I have also read a lot of fantasy and the HP books just do not hold my interest. I also think some of the magical words are very awkward, and are obviously made up (muggle...).

However, I love the HP series because it has reintroduced multiple generations to the fantasy genre; and, it has gotten millions of people to read for fun that would not be reading otherwise. It's like Oprah's book club: you can't deny people reading. And for that, I applaud the entire HP series.

My favorite out of the three I've read was the second one. I loved all the magical items used throughout the book.

due out in 2010. Jeez, I'll be 20 then, freaky.
I'll almost be 30 lol.

xvart.

Last edited:
Harry potter books are an instrument of satan!

They lead children to witchcraft and other unholy acts.

Harry potter books are an instrument of satan!

They lead children to witchcraft and other unholy acts.

And possibly expanding their imagination and and providing a creative outlet besides video games and such... GASP! Those heathens!

xvart.

Lol, It was a joke. I LOVE HP books!

lol

The book that has the most magic, witchcraft and magical spells is the bible.

How do you think Moses turned the staff into a serpent?

well i dont want to get this fun loving book into a religious debate... but it was supposedly an act performed by god through moses or who ever.

Any ways i hate how people say it turns 12 year olds into pagan sex drivin heathens.... The last church i was at had Harry potter books, and this stupid family kept trying to get rid of them...

GAY!

w/e either way Boooks on tape, and driving far distances are great, so that how i "read the books"

Its good she takes her time, because these should be some of her best work, being the last inthe series in all. Will be interesting because it will be the sole book where harry is NOT at hogworts, because its closed. We will see what she can do with an oppertunity like this. I hope i will not be dissapointed.

Also, i hope its the last in the series. Series that never end, they just lose their luster after awhile. Like games, like books. Its good to quit while your ahead

Ahhhh, I'm gonna be depressed when it ends. I always get really gloomy when awesome things end. :/ If it's a really sad ending then it'll be even worse. x_x

Yeh endings make me sad too. But hey it was a good run, and you can look foreward to something hopefully completely different from the author now
If it's a really sad ending then it'll be even worse.

Think of it this way. If theres a bunch of evil people going around trying to kill people, there is a good chance that someones gonna die. Right?

Its good she takes her time, because these should be some of her best work, being the last inthe series in all. Will be interesting because it will be the sole book where harry is NOT at hogworts, because its closed. We will see what she can do with an oppertunity like this. I hope i will not be dissapointed.

Also, i hope its the last in the series. Series that never end, they just lose their luster after awhile. Like games, like books. Its good to quit while your ahead

Like Nora Roberts? lol.

I agree, you make an exit when the party is at it's highest.

xvart.

That last booked sucked. I didn't want him to die!

yeah, i agree that I didn't want him to die, but I still thought that it was a good book.
I personally think that Big "D" Man didn't really die, but that I was all part of one of his plans, so that maybe he can get into some deeper matters with the Order Of The Pheonix.

I am 42, so I am too old for this juvenile stuff...
That said, I do not think "D" actually bit it. That burst of fire at his funeral - my theory is it's similar to what happens to a phoenix(maybe his relationship to Fawkes gave him the ability to be come back like one).
The HP stuff proves one thing-timing is everything. Fantasy has been around a long time and J.K. Rowling comes along, adapts it to children(the latter books are a little dark for kids) and makes a billion dollars. I don't think Stephen King came close to that with all his books.
All things must end. something else will come along.

Cheers,

Joe

I'm very happy for her, that's for shizzle. She totally deserves the big bucks she makes.

A real rags to riches story.

I KNOW that it won't be the uberest most happiest ending every but J.K. really REALLY seems to be excited about writing this last book so I am almost positive that the ending will be good. And I agree that 'he' will somehow return.

I think they will kill each other.

The book that has the most magic, witchcraft and magical spells is the bible.

How do you think Moses turned the staff into a serpent?

There is nothing wrong with fantasy, sci-fi, magic or the imagination. It's when people try to take it up as a lifestyle (New-Agers) that it becomes a problem. I find it funny that certain people can't resist throwing a jab when it is not needed. You need to truley examine yourself and weed out your hate.

Ummm... Ozzy wasn't making jokes. There is lots of magic in the bible. Did you mean to quote me instead? I'm the only jab-taker here.

Most "new-agers" don't practice witchcraft. You're thinking of Wiccans. "new-age" Is a hodgepodge of spiritualism. Yoga, astrology, meditation, Chakras, Astral Projection, crystals, etc. etc. Pretty unorganized. I've met many and to me they are all harmless hippies really. Even my friend mother runs a magic store (she's Wiccan). They are all very nice, honest people. Wicca even has a "rule of three" that discourages malicious magic.

I don't believe in magic. I think it's imaginary and if there are any results I'd like to see them, but It's harmless.

Back