What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy to be here!

• Thread starter Gadz
  • Start date

Gadz

Tooth&Snare
Supporter
Hello everyone. I am very excited to be able to share in your combined experience growing all types of CPs. I have been slowly working my way from common houseplants, to more obscure plants, to orchids, to CPs. I have about 1.5yrs experience keeping a handful of these types of plants. It started with a N. Truncata, then a few Drosera, then a N. Miranda, a tray of Pinguiculas, and so on. I have had my share of losses as well. I have since set up an intermediate, lowland, and an UHL growing areas. I look forward to years of growing and the satisfaction of nurturing and cultivating some of these fascinating species. I look forward to your advice and feedback so that I can avoid making silly mistakes. After all, the sooner I can start effectively growing a specific plant, the longer I can enjoy the process of getting it to maturity. I'll take a hurt ego over a a dead plant. I look forward to hearing from you guys!

Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of members that can give you a lot of advice. I limit my CP to those that are easy to care for and can take my NJ cold over winter. I do provide some shelter for those that are more tender Sarrs by burying them in a leaf pile over winter. They have to be able to grow outdoors. That leaves a lot of plants out, but its what I need to do. I'll help out if I can, but there are those here that are way more knowledgeable than I am.

Thanks for reaching out. How do the non-tender ones fair? Do you cover them as well? I am entertaining a front yard in-ground bog for sarracenia. It gets a bit chilly here in NE, but I know there are bog orchids and CPs this far north. I have one little s. Purpurea just as a buy-in and sorta waiting till spring to make any real plans. Got any recommendations for starter Sarrs? -or a good bog-build tutorial?

:welcome: Gadzooks. Besides just asking questions there is a wealth of knowledge to be found in the archives. 'Hope you enjoy yourself here!

:welcome: Gadzooks. Besides just asking questions there is a wealth of knowledge to be found in the archives. 'Hope you enjoy yourself here!

It is because of the content that I have read from people like yourself that I registered. I noticed that activity in these forums can be "slow growing" I guess I enjoy getting the latest from you veterans. I'll make sure to check out the archives. Appreciate the welcome and look forward to more discussions.

Back