What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hamata Help!

Neem oil is a fungicide as well, making truly all purpose.

Tony, awesome detailed instructions.

Well heres the damage, its obvious it was root rot :( So should I treat as a cutting now? The plant still have a few short roots that are intact the rest fell out.

Is it too late to repot it? is it beter to follow the steps for re-rooting?

DSC02024.jpg

DSC02025.jpg

DSC02026.jpg

Oh, man. :/ That really sucks. I guess you can try to treat it as a cutting and hope for the best.

I followed tony's steps, I added some gel rooting hormone... no for the best

that's exactly what mine looked like, hope for the best follow, tony's steps and it can make it.

Did you have to trim much of the stem to find healthy tissue? The stem looks like it's in pretty good shape from my view here. So that is a good sign.

I still think you have some other issue going on with the leaves. The undersides look kinda pitted and off color to me. Were you able to examine with a hand lens? Looks like pest damage from here. You can really see it on that leaf sticking out to the right inbetween the two dead leaves.

I thoroughyl check it, and nothing... I didn't see any pests... i had to trim a lot of it, it looked didn't look green to me :( until a while... Might aswell order another one :(

Can you post the full size image of the top photo?

And did you look with a hand lens? Mites that hit Nepenthes are very tiny and almost impossible to see with the naked eye.

I wouldn't give up hope but if there is an additional problem odds are not good for recovery.

Thats the biggest, I rinsed the hamata thoroughly before wrapping it. I know it won't kill them, i'll have to inspect it more carefully, though i'm just going to order another one... I hope this one makes it. Thank you so much for your help tony :)

sorry to see that man. I hope it makes it. Neps can come back from nothing like that. That brown stem can still probably make it back. So yeah...just don't get rid of it and see what will happen.

If it's a pest problem you really need to know whether or not that plant makes it. Seriously, forget that hamata, if it has pests/mites then it's threatening everything you grow. Get a hand lens... I'm ordering mine now.

I see things in the first photo from just this view that raise my radar so to speak. Listen to Tony.

Back