What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. minor

And at approximately 1 year...

Hminor142.jpg

I'll have to try to get an overhead shot that shows all the little pitchers. It's got 30ish juvenile pitchers and four 'adult' pitchers. It put out those four, then switched back to juveniles for another 10 or so. I'm hoping it'll switch back not that it's getting better lighting, and I'll get those nice squat pitchers with big overhanging nectar spoons.

PS: The little pitchers around the rim are little ones my clumsy fingers have snapped off during feeding, moss removal, etc. Hopefully they'll root eventually.

Well done! i have some Heli's that are still producing juvenile pitchers even after 12 months. Verrrry slow.....oh well.
Peter.

Thanks for keeping up with this mini-journal. It's nice to see what someone w/ patience can do with one of the more slow-growing plants. Good job!

Well, we had switched to adult pitchers for about 4 pitchers, then back to juveniles for another 20 or so. Now we're back to adult pitchers, hopefully permanently. Looks like the newest coming in is going to be a full-size, fully-formed adult pitcher, and I can't wait. Currently 3 adult pitchers and about 8 juvenile pitcehrs coming in. Plant is about 14mos old...

H-3.jpg

And a close-up...
H-4.jpg

Just an update, at about a year and a half since it came in as four tiny little pitchers....

Hminor151.jpg

Hminor158.jpg

Hminor160.jpg

I'm pretty proud of this one, it's the one plant that's doing really well for me, and I was terrified of it initially. Hope y'all enjoy...

Awesome plant! I like the journal style to this thread.

Back