What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growrack Rearranged...

Well, after the arrival of the new plants, i figured id redo my rack. Being that the rajah probably has the tallest vine of all my neps o_O it looks better standing straight up and now receives direct lighting.
ANYWAYS what i did
originally my smaller plants had been only a few inches from the lights (3 at the minimum) which i believe might have been stressing them out a tad bit do to the heat coming off the bulbs, so the lights were raised up a few inches to keep that issue off.
Here is the top rack~
Nepupdates3-1-09011.jpg

The bottom rack is for the viners, i know. makes no sense on why i would put them on the bottom rather than the top...well it does
its like a bunk bed
i had to remove the central support beam in the middle rack, and the weight of the two large aquatic plant pots would probably cause issues with the balance of the rack. SO i put them on the bottom.
The humidifier helps with the times when its a little dry in there. the lasko item next to it is a desk fan, works quite well. As you can see, the temperature reads 62 at the time, i begin cooling off the rack around 7 oclock since the lights go off at 9. the rack will get down to around 48-50ºF at night. The humidity at the current time in there is 95% without the aid of the humidifier.
Here is the bottom shelf :)
Nepupdates3-1-09009.jpg

Enjoy~

howda keep the humidity up

the growrack has a cover Halt :) its like a greenhouse in my room

Very nice! It's a great looking set up. Is that your aristo behind the pygmy tubberware?

Yeah it is cap, its puting out a basal currently X_X and its finally on the track to growing right again. we will see how it goes from here now

look at all those plantss -drool- i need a growrack -.- most of my other collection r sitting on a chair

Is that the sunbeam humidifier? Does it work well, I've wanted to get one from my Local Walm-mart, for my collection.

Is that the sunbeam humidifier? Does it work well, I've wanted to get one from my Local Walm-mart, for my collection.

I've been looking at humidifiers for a while because the one I use I don't like very much. There have been two models I've looked at that you might want to consider.

The Windchaser HUL60 is used by nightsky here on TF and it works awesome. Has a bunch of nice features, and is a pretty good price. Best part about it is the external humidistat. This allows you to have the humidifier outside your grow rack, but get the internal grow rack humidity level and have the humidifier automatically control it. The biggest problem is that even the manufacturer is out of them for several weeks or months as were all the places i tried to order it from online.

In place of the HUL60, I found that there is a humidifier from SunPenTown, model SU-2081. Apparently it too has a humidistat/hygrostat that connects to the humidifier by phone cable allowing you to place it anywhere and have it regulate humidity. Not as cool as the HUL60, but it can be had on ebay for about $56 bucks including shipping.

That's just my two cents (American, not Canadian :-O) based on my research over the last several weeks. Keep in mind though that some experienced growers recommend having some variability in humidity to make sure your plants remain sufficiently hardened.

no, its some other off brand that i bought awhile ago to help with my asthma...since ive grown out of it, ithought id give this one a try for my neps. its a warm water humidifier.

Looks good. Much better than my sorry setup.

Back