What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings

Haiii everyone!
Thanks for approving my membership and nice to meet everyone!

I has a small wide variety of plants (mostly carnivorous plants/sundews) and might need identification to some I got as gifts a bit ago, my current plant collection is :
-Drosera Capensis "Alba" (First Sundew I got, I named them Bumblebee and they produced many seeds/seedlings a while ago)
-Drosera Capensis "Merry Go Round" (Got the first one along with Bumblebee they are named 'Snudoo')
-Drosera Capensis "Long Leaf"
-Drosera Anglica (Great Sundew)
-Drosera Filiformis "All Red"
-Drosera Spatulata
-Dionaea muscipula "Forma Typica" seedlings (Venus Flytraps)
-Unidentified trumpet pitcher plant

I'm also planning to get some Nepenthes and more sundews.
-Haos

Attachments

• IMAG2647.jpg
    IMAG2647.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG2649.jpg
    IMAG2649.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG2651.jpg
    IMAG2651.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 3
:welcome:
Is the Sarracenia where it can experience cool temps so it can go dormant? It needs more light too, but looks like it may be S. 'Judith Hindle' (and that's a common easy to get one).

:welcome:
Is the Sarracenia where it can experience cool temps so it can go dormant? It needs more light too, but looks like it may be S. 'Judith Hindle' (and that's a common easy to get one).
Thank you for the warm welcome!

The Sarracenia experiences about 0°c to 5°c temperatures overnight and about 5°c to 12°c during the daytime, I'm unsure if it's cold enough but since I didn't able to find anything about what kind of temperature they need for dormancy I assumed it would be similar to VFTs' or native sundews' required temperatures, should I give it more light during their dormancy season ?
Also thank you for the identification! I'm not sure if they are dormant right now ? (I don't have much experience with Sarracenia growing and didn't able to find out much about how their dormancy should look like online too)

Your assumption is correct! Those temps seem fine for dormancy, as winter goes on you should see more dead leaves (and new ones not growing in, if they do they'll be flat and smaller). Light cues are also responsible for setting dormancy so if you're using supplemental lights, make sure the lighting period is shorter, as is the sun in winter.
Andrew

Welcome to TF! That's a pretty nice list of plants that you have.

Thank you for the help Andrew and thank you both for the warm welcome!
I hope I'll be able to expand my list soon, I'm not sure if there is a thread on terraforums where I can show more photos about them but I'll try to positively to the forum!

Back