What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to FLA, wanna go boggin'

• Thread starter schloaty
  • Start date

schloaty

Staff member
So We're going to Disney, and I got my wife to agree to allow me to go bogging one day while we're down there. She may come, she may not....don't know. Anyone in the area know of anywhere for me to take the ol' camera....Or, better yet, can take me there (you might even net a meal out of the deal)?

Don't know of a bog but Bruce Bednar might let you see his plants,about a two hour drive from Orlando.Last year we spent a week in the Orlando area for the USSSA World Series(my son plays travel baseball),I could'nt wait to go home!

Jerry

Stop by NC on your way there and I'll show you some awesome sites.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Stop by NC on your way there and I'll show you some awesome sites.

Love to, but I'd need a parachute! I don't relish a 3 or 3.5 hour plane ride with an almost-two year old....let alone a 24 hour drive!

Another New Yorker driving in Florida. Run Away!

Central Florida bogs? We have any of those left? I thought we had pumped out the swamps?

I am not sure but I would check with the nature preserve around Cape Canaveral. There may be plenty of that type of area that along hwy 192 toward Melbourne. Just don't go into Melbourne, it's an nasty armpit like area.

Contrary to what those South Floridians think, Central Florida has an abundance of wild areas. Between St. Cloud and Melbourne on 192 there are several wildlife management areas. Just west of Orlando is the Green Swamp (no, not the one in N. Carolina) a 870 sq. mile wetland area (only the everglades is bigger in Florida.) There are numerous environmental centers in Osceola and Orange counties. North of Orlando is the Ocala National Forest. We have the Kissimmee River State park (which by the way has the highest concentration of Bald Eagle nests in the entire country - yes even more than Alaska). Since Florida is basically a swamp, many of these areas have cp's.
Yes Virginia... there is more to Central Florida than DisneyWorld.

Back