What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gifts from a Maui man

For those of you lucky enough to receive CP's from this fine gent, you know they are always top notch in every way. I thought I would start a picture thread dedicated to this man's plants that have been spread around the country. I feel his CP's deserve a spotlight of their own. :hail:
So, if you own any plants that came from kulamauiman, let's see em'!!
Thanks again Mach for your nonstop generosity, advice, growing tips, and friendship.

D. paradoxa (with D. kenneallyi companion)

IMG_6406.jpg

*major drool*

Very nice!

My D. falconeri came from Mach and as you said was top notch. I'll see if I can grab a pic tonight. It is out amongst the sarracenia right now enjoying this major heat and humidity wave we have been having.

Awesome Dash. But we don't have to limit this to just his paradoxa distributions. :awesome:

Your all a bunch of slackers! At least I appreciate the plants Mach. :rolleyes:

Hey Mass, I will try to get the time this weekend and post up the U. Juncea Mach sent me.
Doing very well. And a top notch packing job as well.

LOL. I completely forgot to take a pic.

Here is my D. falconeri from mach. It's a real champ. It tolerates living in my heli tank under 70ish weather with high humidity and bright light most of the time, but it is really enjoying this heat wave outdoors.

It's been a vigorous grower from day one. Thanks Mach for donating it in the NASC Auction!

Here it is freshly dragged in from amongst my sarracenia ...

I think that green growth in the center may be a flower! Sorry for the poor quality.

falconeri.jpg

oh.. my.. god.. IT'S GORGEOUS! I so want another crack at one of these.

On a side note: How are those shizzys you swiped out from underneath me?

Doing good. They have doubled in size I think. There's a few tiny plantlets underneath each one. When i have the time I will try to repot the D. schizandra into thier own pots. Right now I have the three sisters growing together. D. prolifera seems to be winning out and taking over the pot.

Again, sorry for the bad pic.
schizzy.jpg

This one isn't from mach, but another awesome grower who generously donated everything you see here in the NASC auction. Thanks Ron!

seems growing unhealthy...

You know you are right. I am growing these very unhealthily. I mean they were much smaller than this before hand. The D. schizandra was about 1/2 the size of this. The D. aldeae was just a spec of root with a plantlet growing off of it as I gave the main plant to my mother, and there were only two D. prolifera in the pot (now 5). Not to mention the acclaimation process.

Please, oh Mr. "Wise one of the second post", tell me how to grow carnivorous plants.

Sorry, my patience is very thin tonight.

Edit: Oh wait, is this Timmy?

Last edited:
I think they look quite happy. If you would like dash, I can send you some nice fluffy live LFS you can repot these kids into. ???

No worries. I got plenty of fluffy LFS, although probably unhealthy. LOL

Granted, not in this pot though.

Last edited:
No worries. I got plenty of fluffy LFS, although probably unhealthy.

Yeah, I bet mine is too. I mean, only dying stuff is the healthy stuff.

No worries. I got plenty of fluffy LFS, although probably unhealthy.

Bad day buddy? Shoot me a PM if you need to vent. Or if you'd like some healthy green LFS, on the house ;)

LOL. I'm cool.

I got plenty of fluffy LFS, just not in this pot. I look forward to a good 'ol fashioned "In your face" about a year from now (give or take) when these puppies will be full grown and thriving.

:lol: Your cool.. I like you Damon.

Mine are about the same size, maybe a smidge bigger. Perhaps we can swap baby plantlets or something next year. ;)

Thanks Mass.

@cidgrowlight - In retrospect, I feel I owe you an apology. I came out quite harsh against your critique and that was unnecessary and immature. I hope I didn't scare you off. New members are always welcome here at TF and I apologize for not making you feel welcome. We are, for the most part, very welcoming of newcomers and my behavior is atypical of your normal experience here at TF.

Last edited:
can i come back to this thread in about a month, when my gifts from Mister Maui Man Mach acclimate? I just got them and I'm hugely appreciative :D

Back