What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny story

I know! Can you imagine??!!

oh I h just had another one tonight...
I have a whiskey ribeye on the menu (molasses bourbon butter sauce) and a table of 18 ordered three of them. The server comes back with one that only had a single bite taken from it and says "the lady complained she said this was not a ribeye that it was a sirloin."
I went out to speak with the lady.
"ma'am this is a ribeye."
"no, you do not know what you're talking about. Ribeyes have the little bone in the center."
"no Ma'am that's a porterhouse"
"No you're wrong, you need to talk to your meat supplier."

some people...  
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Kahnli, if we're going to get in to infuriating/idiotic people/situation stories:

Ok, last Christmas my dad found a great deal on a digital camera and he got it for me for Christmas. Despite the deal, it is still a very expensive item. After a few months of use -nothing too out of the ordinary for a camera- I get a problem where all the sound that plays back is garbled. While it wasn't a big deal, I wanted to get it fixed. The camera was still under warranty, so I figure, "why not?"

I go to the Konica website only to find that they'd sold the repair rights to Sony. Ok, fine. I go to Sony's site and fill out the repair request stuff. They tell me "Here's the closest Peferred Repair Station" -ie a place not owned by Sony, but a place that is recommended by them. Also fine.

I do all the paper work and then go to my local UPS store where I have the camera professionally wrapped and boxed by an employee and sent out. It takes a while, but I eventually get the camera back.

I open up the box (being careful because there's a camera inside) and I pull out my camera. I turn it on- 'hey cool, the sound is fixed, I didn't know if they'd be able to to it.' I turn the camera around and
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
It's scratched like hell! The metal exterior of the camera had about 4 large scratches with varying depth. Looked as if the camera had been slid across some blunt object or something. I don't have pictures of it, but take my word for it- it's BAD. These weren't something that could be buffed out or something, and besides the monetary value, this camera had sentimental value attatched to it.

So I go email the folks who did the repairs... Wait 5 days for response. They tell me their Konica rep will email me within the next 5 bus days. 2x that length of time goes by with no response. So I email them again and get the same response. Still no reply from the rep. I email them again, ignored two times. Months have gone by, but I'm still VERY angry, so after weeks of no reply, I send a last message saying "this's my last attempt, I'm going to contact Sony and Konica after this point. All of the emails up to this point (including the 2 unreplied to emails from me) are included below for refernce" And what do you know- they reply!

What does the response say?

"Your camera has been repaired and shipped out of our facility on 6/13/06. The UPS tracking number for your camera is XXXXXXX. You may track your camera at www.ups.com If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. Thank you for choosing XXXXXXXX."

Can sombody- ANYbody explain to me how I'm not supposed to go thermonuclear on these people? Gee- it's 2 months later, I supply the ENITRE set of emails, and I get THIS REPLY?! *twitch*

Great recommended service, Sony! Gee!

I would call Sony, the camera manufacturer and the repair place and talk to someone about this. Thats realy F-ed up. You get a brand new camera for it to be like this now. Yippie.

Try to file a complaint with planetfeedback.com

At the very least, I figure that the more ridiculous it gets, the better case I have for when I go to Sony, Konica, or for a website like planetfeedback. I sure would like to get it resolved, though! Next email(s) go out tomorrow; will probably contact Sony/Konica as well.

Rrr.. Sorry for hijacking the topic. Someone tell something funny!
biggrin.gif

Getting back to the original topic. Dumb things people do.

I know you guys thought it was funny when the woman didn't check the breaker. I got something that can beat that.

In '95 I was wiring a Chilies restaurant in Myrtle Beach SC. We had a plug stop working. So there was about 4 electricians running around trying to find where the problem was. We were pulling plugs out of the wall and testing them. After about 5 mins of this, one of the plumbers walked by and asked, "Did you check the breaker yet?"

AAHHHHHH HA!!!!! ELECTRICIANS didn't check the breaker??!!

Well how 'bout that!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back