What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freaking cats.

Well, I am currently working 12 hrs midnight shifts, and when I came home this morning, I set my small collection on the window sill to get their daily sunlight. This was about 830 in the morning, and I didn't think anything of it, I've done this every day for a long time.

Well, about 2 in the afternoon, I roll out of bed and go down stairs for some breakfast and what do I find? Both of my baby capensis on the floor, my white one still halfway in it's pot, the red one totally routed from it's pot and batted all over. The white one seemed to be doing good at first glance as it hadn't dried out, but on closer investigation it's traps were all but on broken off of their petiols. The red one was very dried up, but it's leaves were in better shape.

I repotted both of them, and I'm hoping for the best. I got both plants as very small, immature plants but they were both healthy, deploying new leaves like they were going out of style. I'm scared that this stressed coupled with a recent replanting may be a bit more than these baby plants can handle. They were doing so good, too. :( Bleeping cats. :censor:

Sorry, just had to vent some.

Rob

hard to kill capensis unless you completly dry them out, they sould recover.................

ive got something to help yah with the cats................ill let yah rent her for a weekend....... :grin:

Untitled-7-1.jpg

just look at the job she does on possums.......................
Untitled-4-2.jpg

Untitled-6-3.jpg

Yeah, the plants should be fine. They may be a little ugly for a while, but give them some time.

Rattler, that's a beautiful dog. What kind of dog?

xvart.

21 month old schipperke....................my baby and a royal pain in the a.................

Ohh man, I know how you feel. I have an idiot cat that likes to climb into my terrarium when she wants to tell me that she wants to go outside. Luckily, she never does any damage, but my sister's dog (I call her Kitty) ate a couple of my plants and nearly killed my sanguinea, oddly enough she made it so that I have 2 sanguineas now, no D. adelae, and some weak utrics. The remnants that I found on the floor recovered but the others are still MIA. I banished her from my room for a while and I think she learned her lesson/outrgrew it. :p She's too damn cute to hold a grudge against though. >_>

Capensis' are pretty resilient, being weeds and all, so I think they might recover for ya! Good luck.

Dontcha hate it when that happens? lol But don't worry...even if the tops of the plants were completely destroyed, it will grow back from the root. Of course you'd rather not have to go that, I know. But it could be worse and have been a plant that is more sensitive that would croak.

Back