What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four tier greenhouse

• Thread starter blucksy
  • Start date
In fact all the Nepenthes in my growlist are grown in this greenhouse. Its the Gardman 7600 Extra Wide 4-Tier Greenhouse with Reinforced Cover, 18" Long x 47" Wide x 63" High sold on Amazon for ~$60.
Nice! Thanks for the help.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I also don't insulate each of the shelfs separately. The only insulation I use is on the bottom to stop moisture going into the floor. The reasoning I use is so that I can use one of the shields for nothing but heating. So the temp doesn't go bellow 50°F.

I also don't insulate each of the shelfs separately. The only insulation I use is on the bottom to stop moisture going into the floor. The reasoning I use is so that I can use one of the shields for nothing but heating. So the temp doesn't go bellow 50°F.
Unfortunately I need to do it for temperature reasons. Top shelf is getting insulated so if I put a few ice packs in it will drop almost 10 degrees. I personally am growing ultra high landers and will need that.

I'd be wary of insulating just one shelf unless you had a way to isolate the light source, or at least remove heat from the light source.

I'd be wary of insulating just one shelf unless you had a way to isolate the light source, or at least remove heat from the light source.
I will be hanging the light from over the greenhouse.

I'm also working on a way to cool my greenhouse down using a chest freezer and a ultrasonic humidifier. If it doesn't work I'll try to use the chest freezer with a computers liquid cooling rig.

That might work what kind of light do you plan to use.

Gardman rings a bell. I think that's the same brand I got but mine is the regular width, 5 tier version.

That might work what kind of light do you plan to use.
A Marshydro 300w. A guy named tanner does the same thing.

That should work. I don't have any experience with Marshydro. Make sure to get a clear greenhouse, because the ones with the checkerboard grid of "reinforcement"(it isn't reinforcement) will block some of the light.

The Mars Hydro light seems like it would be too bright for such an enclosed space. Make sure the species you grow under it are tolerant of full sun.

The Mars Hydro light seems like it would be too bright for such an enclosed space. Make sure the species you grow under it are tolerant of full sun.
Yeah the less light loving species will go on the T5 rack

I've never forayed into the realm of indoor greenhouses myself, (perhaps I am long over-due. . .).

Providing good night time temperatures for highlanders and ultra-highlanders depends greatly on where you live in the country. Insulating just one tier of the green house and putting ice packs in there sounds innovative, maybe it will work for while they are still small seedlings.

There's a great thread somewhere around here where he converted a freezer into a grow chamber for his highlanders.

I've never forayed into the realm of indoor greenhouses myself, (perhaps I am long over-due. . .).

Providing good night time temperatures for highlanders and ultra-highlanders depends greatly on where you live in the country. Insulating just one tier of the green house and putting ice packs in there sounds innovative, maybe it will work for while they are still small seedlings.

There's a great thread somewhere around here where he converted a freezer into a grow chamber for his highlanders.
Definitely by the time they are big enough I will have a real greenhouse.

I have a gardman greenhouse. I highly don't recommend them but if you do buy them...be sure to get lots of cable and zip ties. Mine is already leaning on my fence and there's barely any weight. If it weren't for the zipties..it would be knocked over. I am thinking of buying a sandusky wire shelf...those seem more durable and they are about the same price.

Back