What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Formation of Committiees and nominations

First of all, we would like to accept any new nominations for the position of President. There will be a vote soon to make it official. So if there is anyone out there that feels like they can handle the task and do a good job, please speak up.

Secondly, we are forming 5 committees and we need nominations for Commissioners for each. The Commissioner will have people working under him for committee specific tasks. He will be responsible for organizing his chairmen and delegating responsibility. Basically, the commissioner will be the "advisor" of the committee. Working at pointing his people in the right direction, review of data collected and working with the other committees.

The commissioner will also have a vote. There are certain things that can not be put to a public vote for various reasons (time being the major) so minor things will be voted upon within the higher-archy (for lack of a better word). All of the commissioners shall have a vote, along with the president, secretary and Treasurer. This brings us to 8 votes. How to handle a tie will be addressed in the by-laws which will be put to a public vote.

The committees and possible nominations are as follows:

I. Inventory committee:
Commissioner: Mike King or Paul Temple (both have/had National Collections)

II. Placement Committee
Commissioner: We need to find someone familiar with Herbarium/Bot. Garden Directors. Carl Mazur possibly?

III> Maintenance Committee
Commissioner: Someone with knowledge of issues regarding potential hybridization and/or and educator capable of drafting a workable model

IV Cost Committee:
Commissioner: You need someone with experience in standard business fairly large scale operations. Paul Luebbert (this recommendation was made by another member)?

V. Public Relations Committee:
Commissioner: We need someone with good PR Skills: Jason Wills?

We also need nominations for Secretary. I (or the newly appointed president, whatever the people decide upon) will assume the role of treasurer for the time being. There is not enough need at the present time to have a separate person take the position. Also, most of the costs at present are being absorbed by myself, and all costs in the near future will be going through me (in-corporation costs mainly since I am filing the papers)

Please share your thoughts on any or all of this.

Paul

At this time, I would like to nominate Suzanne (PlantAkiss) for the position of Secretary.

I would also like to nominate Carl Mazur for the position of Commissioner of the placement committee.

Paul

I'd like to nominate Bugweed for Maintenance Committee. He is quite knowledgeable about the plants and genetics, etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] this time, I would like to nominate Suzanne (PlantAkiss) for the position of Secretary.
i second that

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] like to nominate Bugweed for Maintenance Committee
can bugweed really do all the things requierd?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]can bugweed really do all the things requierd?

Oh yes, and probably more. Remember he does have 42 years experience and growin'!

SF
wink.gif

Bugweed is relatively new to the forums but is not new to CPs and their culture... and in fact is known to quite a few top CPers. And this is pretty much Bugweed's idea and dream.
smile.gif

oh. ok. sorry

I respectfully decline the Maintainance Commissioner post.

What are the duties of the secretary? I can't accept or decline a position without knowing what's involved.

And I DON"T make coffee so THAT'S out.
wink.gif

Taken from the ICPS bylaws:

Note: Mostly the secretary holds all contact info for the board, and takes minutes of the meetings. As well as holds copies of all up to date paperwork (such as bylaws, articles of coroporation etc...)

SECTION 8. DUTIES OF SECRETARY
The Secretary shall:

Certify and keep at the principal office of the corporation the original, or a copy of these Bylaws as amended or otherwise altered to date.

Keep at the principal office of the corporation or at such other place as the board may determine, a book of minutes of all meetings of the directors, and, if applicable, meetings of committees of directors and of members, recording therein the time and place of holding, whether regular or special, how called, how notice thereof was given, the names of those present or represented at the meeting, and the proceedings thereof.

See that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these Bylaws or as required by law.

Be custodian of the records and of the seal of the corporation and see that the seal is affixed to all duly executed documents, the execution of which on behalf of the corporation under its seal is authorized by law or these Bylaws.

Keep at the principal office of the corporation a membership book containing the name and address of each and any members, and, in the case where any membership has been terminated, he or she shall record such fact in the membership book together with the date on which such membership ceased.

Exhibit at all reasonable times to any director of the corporation, or to his or her agent or attorney, on request therefor, the Bylaws, the membership book, and the minutes of the proceedings of the directors of the corporation.

In general, perform all duties incident to the office of Secretary and such other duties as may be required by law, by the Articles of Incorporation of this corporation, or by these Bylaws, or which may be assigned to him or her from time to time by the Board of Directors.

I nominate Ozzy for Maintainence Commissioner.

For inventory I nominate Mike King
For Cost Paul (Casper)

Bugweed, I'll accept the nomination, for now. But for I commit to it I want to find out exactly what the duties are, and that I can do them. I still haven't done that. If somebody can, please send me a pm with the list of duties.
Thanks

I'm still mulling over the Secretary nomination. I'm not sure if that type of position is my strong suit. While I'm mulling, I'd like to nominate Copper as Secretary. She seems very organized. And I need an opponent.
biggrin.gif

I'm probably better at a PR something...strengths in marketing/writing/creative. I'd love to be a state representative for VA if that's needed...I have connections and easy access to Meadowview.

I'm not quite sure where my skills fit the best...
rock.gif
I would be the Secretary if no one else feels qualified but I'd like to be involved in some other way as well.

speaking of casper, where is he?

man i wish more people knew me so they could nominate me for something!

Self nominations are acceptable, if there is a position you feel you are suited for, by all means, nominate yourself.

Casper

Back