What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football help!

I read the Sports pages eveyday and although any old thing can happen, it's helpful to know little things like the Quarterback for Philly is playing injured and the starter for Minnesota is out and Dallas picked up a rather large "grain fed" offensive lineman to protect the QB and....
biggrin.gif

Ok Jim...my hope is resting on YOU.
smile_n_32.gif
I used all your picks. We'll see how well you did next week.
biggrin.gif

Getting ready to turn it in now.

Um.... Suzanne.... *gulp*..... I found out, after the fact, that Tampa Bay lost their Quarterback.
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Not to worry Jim, Chuckie will find a replacement quarterback.
I hear he contacted George Blanda yesterday.
smilie4.gif

Did you know that I am a Raider fan, along with the Corboys & Bills? I very much remember when John ("Hey, wait a minute") Madden would bring in Blanda to relieve Lamonica and pull out the game, as a QB or kicker. Ah those were the days - AFL - aerial warfare!

I am a Raider fan also.
Yes JimScott those were the good old days. Lamonica, Blanda, Kenny Stabler, Lyle Alzedo, Ted Hendricks...Now those were FOOTBALL players.
I made a lot, i mean...really a lot, of money on Superbowl bets when they beat up on the Redskins and just plain wupped up on Philidelphia.

Well well well. We shall see this week how you did Jim. Jan...you seem to know your football. You shouldn't leave me hanging out here all alone with Jim.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ Nov. 06 2005,10:21)]I am a Raider fan also.
Yes JimScott those were the good old days. Lamonica, Blanda, Kenny Stabler, Lyle Alzedo, Ted Hendricks...Now those were FOOTBALL players.
I made a lot, i mean...really a lot, of money on Superbowl bets when they beat up on the Redskins and just plain wupped up on Philidelphia.
.... Jack Tatum, George Atkinson, Ben Davidson, Ike Lassiter, Tom Keating, Carlton Oates, Preston Ridelhuber (whose only claim to fame was scooping up a fumbel in the endzone, during the infamous "Heidi Game"), Billy Cannon, Gus & Jim Otto, Hewritt Dixon, Todd Christiansen, Warren Wells, Fred Belitnikoff, Otis Sistrunk.... It was like just yesterday....

Suzanne, *diucks & runs*
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Never bet against the Steelers. Except when they are in the playoffs...Do we get part of the pot (no pun intended) if you take are picks? tee hee...
smile_n_32.gif

Man, the Raiders and Jets lost heartbreakers!

Well if I win, I think I get a bottle of wine...
smile_t_32.gif
I could mail that off to somebody if they want it.
confused.gif
Too bad you don't win pot.
laugh.gif

BTW...where have you been Travis??! NOW you tell me to never bet against the Steelers.

Just remember that and you will do fine. The only time you want to bet against the Steelers are in the playoffs or when the play Patroits. I think Jim is a little biases against the Bills. So I would watch out...

I try to do as much hunting as possible before the time change. Now that the time change has occurred, I will be here more. I believe I do this about every year...BTW I have a brand new digital camera! A lot better then the crapper one I had before.

Yeah, I know you disappear from time to time.  
smile.gif
 That's great about the camera.  I got a new camera too.  Only mine BROKE after only a few weeks.  I am NOT a happy camper.  
mad.gif

Will be looking forward to lots of new pics from you.
smile.gif

I posted some pics in the Nep forum (topic: Nepenthes, post your pictures here) and a picture in my avatar. Gosh, I do not know how long I have been talking about getting a digital camera. Feels great!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Travis @ Nov. 07 2005,10:16)]I think Jim is a little biases against the Bills. So I would watch out...
Against the Bills? I'm a Bill, Cowboy, Raider fan. I picked the Chiefs over the Raiders, but would rather have seen my team win. Hey, I got 10 right, so far. Next week also has a lot of no-brainer picks.

I hope that the Colt's kill the Pat's tonight. I predict 49-0 Colts! I hate the Pats!
mad.gif
Tom Brady, Mr Goodie To Shoes, makes me sick...Bills had a bye. tee hee. Go Steelers!

JImscott,
We both forgot to mention John Matusac (spelling?), perhaps the craziest of all the Raiders.  His stunts were legendary.
If you have not read Ken Stabler's autobiography, "The Snake" you just have to pick up a copy.  Written by a reporter that "tried" to follow the Snake and some of the team for two weeks, it is one FUNNY book. It chronicles the history of that crazy bunch. His recount of Stabler's girlfriend "Wonderfully Wicked Wanda" had me laughing till I cried.

You're right, we/I forgot John Matuszak, #78?, not to mention Upshaw, Banaszak, offensive lineman and former Head Coach(Can't think of name at the moment), Connors, Grayson, Otto Stowe, Gerald Irons, Dan Byrd, the running back that fled to the Chiefs, Marv Hubbard, Mark Van Eeghan, Skip Thomas, Kenny King, Jim Plunkett,....

No, I haven't read it, but a quick trip to the library can correct that. Is it like reading Ball Four?

OK. I did not win.
smile_h_32.gif

I looked on NFL.com and found these results:

*Atlanta at Miami
*Carolina at Tampa Bay
*Chicago at New Orleans
*Cincinnati at Baltimore
Detroit at *Minnesota
Houston at *Jacksonville
Oakland at *Kansas City
*San Diego at NY Jets
Tennessee at *Cleveland
*NY Giants at San Francisco
*Seattle at Arizona
*Pittsburg at Green Bay
Philadelphia at *Washington

Jim...I think you were off by three. Not bad.
smile.gif
Travis...you were right...the Steelers won.
biggrin.gif

The new contest cards aren't out yet. But all y'all football junkies study the new line up and offer some advice.

I've already studied them and await your next post! Hey Hey Hey, love football, love tackle!
smile.gif

Back