What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flowers??

Yep. If you want D. capensis in your other pots, let them go to seed. If not, let a few flowers open so you get to see what they look like then snip 'em off.

yes they are, and you can let is flower and collect seeds or you can do a flower stalk cutting and make new plantlets I guess.

That would be a Drosera flower stalk judging by any I've seen.

What you should do is up to you, do you want seeds or not? This is a self seeding species so if you don't want babies popping up everywhere cut it off at the base where it comes out of the plant. If you don't care, enjoy the show! I tend to let my plants flower even if they won't be successful or can be weedy or whatever. Flowering is their only goal in life so who am I to stand in their way?

:D

i would like seeds :) how should i collect the seeds

heehee I liked swords's idea. :-D

i would like seeds
Then just keep on doing what you've been doing and you'll have more than enough. If you can find some extremely fine mesh nylon (like for women's leggings) to make into little bags you can tie the bag over the fully developed and blooming stalk to capture as much of the seed as you can while it matures and the fruits open to let it scatter.

Back