What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (trade) First time flowering Nepenthes platychila x vogelii (I think it's male. Suggestions are welcome)

• Thread starter XIN
  • Start date
image0 (1).jpegimage1.jpegimage0.jpeg
So over the last year, this plant has gone wild. I used to contain it in a little green house I built. But it has grown too big and I had to take it out. This plant really doesn't require much to grow, but because of the low humidity, the pitchers just won't form normally. I was really hoping to see a nice upper pitcher :/ Anyway, I'm still happy to see it's flowering. I think it's a male. It will be my first time. So I'm not sure how long it will take to mature and how to ship the pollen properly. Your advice will be welcomed.
But still, let me know if you want some pollen. No charges. But if you are kind, send me some seeds in return :)

Looks male to me! Wish I had some females in bloom. If you ever decide to take cuttings of it I'd love to trade. Cheers

I’m sure that @philiptdotcom would be happy to finally have some pollen :)

I sure would! But all my female flowers are open now, so these guys will probably be a little too late. Am hoping to receive some pollen in the mail tomorrow (hope, hope!).

If anyone reading this would like to get on my personal Nep pollen list (for both giving & receiving), send me a message directly to PT@PhilipT.com. When I have females blooming or pollen available, I'm going to use this list (not a listserv, just a list of addresses) to let folks know. I've just started with Neps (Nov '21), but I already have hundreds* of young plants (mostly lowlanders, but also some intermediates/highlanders with which I am experimenting). So far, 2 males & 1 female have bloomed, but I expect there to be more in the coming months(/years).

Aloha,
-pt

*Yeah, when I "get into" something, I go full steam ahead! :)

I sure would! But all my female flowers are open now, so these guys will probably be a little too late. Am hoping to receive some pollen in the mail tomorrow (hope, hope!).

If anyone reading this would like to get on my personal Nep pollen list (for both giving & receiving), send me a message directly to PT@PhilipT.com. When I have females blooming or pollen available, I'm going to use this list (not a listserv, just a list of addresses) to let folks know. I've just started with Neps (Nov '21), but I already have hundreds* of young plants (mostly lowlanders, but also some intermediates/highlanders with which I am experimenting). So far, 2 males & 1 female have bloomed, but I expect there to be more in the coming months(/years).

Aloha,
-pt

*Yeah, when I "get into" something, I go full steam ahead! :)
Right, sorry, it won't be in time. :/

If u ever decide to take cuttings of that shoot me a DM lol..

Ooooh, add me on that list lol

Ooooh, add me on that list lol
It will probably be sometime for the cuttings. I wanna try to see if I can get some upper pitchers out. But there will be some basal shoots that I can trade.

Back