What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time cutting

... whatever Tony.

Does it help at all to make incisions around the area where you expect roots to grow out of, before applying rooting hormones?

I've done this when propagating regular houseplants like Dracaenas (sp?) and umbrella plants and the roots always seem to emerge from the incisions that I made.

I'm planning to soon slice up my N. Sanguinea - I suppose all the info in this thread would apply to Sanguinea as well?

Leo

Leo,

Yes the methods here would work with any Nepenthes. I make the vertical slits before applying the hormone. I think doing it in that order will give more contact with hormone. Particularly if you use the liquid kind or mix up a thin slurry with the powdered kind. Here is a picture of some N. gracilis after 4-6 weeks. If you look close you can see the cuts that were made and the roots poking out.
Tony
NPROPCUT9.JPG

Back