What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Pinguicula

well first two to be exact
Pinguicula 'Sethos'
just came in today from Huy, thanks alot man.

CPs051.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A nice plant! As a habit, I do leaf pullings as backups, just in case something bad happens and/or for trades.

All you do is take the succulant leafs and put them chip dip style into 1 part peat,perilite and vermuculite. Mexicans tend to like less water than semitemperates like primuliflora,keep them a little wet but not like drosera like capensis....

yes, i have them in peat/perlite/vermiculite.
i also did a leaf pulling and put a small amount of rooting hormone on it to see how it will do.
hell, i might have some trading material, or pest control plants for my house bwahahhaha

i also did a leaf pulling and put a small amount of rooting hormone on it to see how it will do.

For the most part, rooting hormone is unecessary for butterworts since they generally have a high strike rate. P. 'Sethos' is one of my favorite pings; when it gets pink they look fantastic. I got one a while back that was doing great and then went into decline when I forgot to water the one tray prior to leaving town for a while. Anyways, I ripped all the leaves off and now have a bunch! Lovely plant.

xvart.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive had em for awhile now
just threw on an update

Back