What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Dionaea m. 'B52'

I'm now a proud owner of the first of many Dionaea m. cultivars, the awesome 'B52'! Grown under LED lighting and showing the plant's vigorous growth and color. I especially like how the leaves keep getting shorter and traps bigger :)

Few weeks after arrival
BRxUGf0.jpg

More compact growth
eCiqiPR.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely plant! Still got that Rajah?

Hey! You remembered! Yes, I did not have a good stay at the other forum, but it's still with me. Has a basal growing now :) Quite exciting.

Looks like it was a bit etiolated when you got it. It seems to have adjusted nicely since. I would try working the plant outside slowly. VFTs do their best outdoors in the sunlight. Just remember to do it slowly, the sun is a lot stronger than our indoor lights and can burn all of a plant's existing growth. Or you could do what I do and just toss it out, let the sun burn the leaves and then wait for new ones to come up from the rhizome.

Just a pretty standard Home Depot LED flood lamp haha. I keep dart frogs and will be ordering in some nice Grow n Glow lamps soon.

Nice looking plant! :)

Took these today. Went from one plant since 2015 to what seems like 6-8. Was honestly too lazy this year during repotting to part them out separately so into a 5" pot they went.

IjfPpW2.jpg

One of the larger traps from a previous week under LEDs
0XNRdeh.jpg

Looking nice, that is a great, deep shade of red you got there.

Continues to darken! Odd how all of them are basically the same plant, yet certain traps have an awesome plum color vs more red.

swcaXaC.jpg

Last edited:
The dark red is really attractive. How large are the traps it makes?

Currently the largest is nearly 2" but I'm just eyeballing it. Next year I'll move them to individual pots with more room to grow, they're a bit cramped.

Here's the largest trap.
12XKRrp.jpg

Really nice colouring on them [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Very nice

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Back