What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

finished my terrarium!

I finally found the time to finish the light hood on my 3 foot long terrarium,And move my plants into it.
Here are the pictures.
august312007017.jpg

august312007020.jpg

I might add dirt in there later, something like this.
terrarium.jpg

Last edited:
Nice setup.
Is that a Duncraft carnivorous creations in there thats actually growing?
WOW!
My daughters was the clear bottom kind, come to find out that when I got it for her they had stopped producing that type and had been selling the terracotta color for over a year. Live and learn.

nice terrarium!

that duncraft thing...oh god!

how come you have a nep inside another chamber inside your terrarium?

I don't mean to be a downer but you need more light.

I'd also wrap the sides and the back in either aluminum foil or better yet mylar. That's going to reflect a lot of light back onto the plants and you're going to "lose" less to the outside of the terrarium.

great start!

maybe elevate the plants a bit to get them closer to the light? And I'll second the mylar point. I actually use "foil" wrapping paper and it does make a big difference

A terrarium inside a terrarium?!

xvart.

I'm with everyone else: What species Nep do you have in that terrarium-within-the-terrarium? I doubt it needs all that extra humidity.

nice terrarium!

that duncraft thing...oh god!

how come you have a nep inside another chamber inside your terrarium?

Well I had my nep inside that small terrarium since I had rescued it from walgreens and I just move it into the terrarium,I'll probably take it out of there soon.

great start!

maybe elevate the plants a bit to get them closer to the light? And I'll second the mylar point. I actually use "foil" wrapping paper and it does make a big difference

I got hooked up at a wholesale store and i got 2 flourescent bulbs with really great lumen ratings. I bought a spare pair of bulbs ,the bulbs were only 3 bucks each.

I'm with everyone else: What species Nep do you have in that terrarium-within-the-terrarium? I doubt it needs all that extra humidity.

I'm not sure what it is it was a rescued plant, the poor thing was mislabeled as a sarracenia,It was also crammed onto a shelf with cosmetic products.I know that it loves the mini terrarium though because each pitcher is slightly larger.
maybe you could I.D. the plant
3020.jpg

Besides I rigged the samll terrarium to have a sliding lid and I opened the lid when I placed it in the big terrarium.
this pictures is old and does not show how much it has grown since I have been raising it.

where did you find the front-open terrarium? i'd like to get one like that for in my living room

I'm not sure what it is it was a rescued plant, the poor thing was mislabeled as a sarracenia,It was also crammed onto a shelf with cosmetic products.I know that it loves the mini terrarium though because each pitcher is slightly larger.
maybe you could I.D. the plant
3020.jpg

Besides I rigged the samll terrarium to have a sliding lid and I opened the lid when I placed it in the big terrarium.
this pictures is old and does not show how much it has grown since I have been raising it.

It's young so it's hard to tell, but if I were to hazard a guess, I would guess N. sanguinea. You definitely don't need to keep it in that second terrarium. It'll just put it at risk for mold and rot.

well I'm gonna sign out for tonight but you can still post and I will try to asnwer any questions tommorow.

It's young so it's hard to tell, but if I were to hazard a guess, I would guess N. sanguinea. You definitely don't need to keep it in that second terrarium. It'll just put it at risk for mold and rot.

I concur; on both counts.

xvart.

wasporsanguinea009.jpg

wasporsanguinea006.jpg

I do believe it is a sanguinea,here is the most recent photo of it.

Last edited:
Looks like that Nep is really coming along. Nice job!

Back