What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding Native Wisconsin CPs

• Thread starter Vbkid
  • Start date

Vbkid

Getting There...
A few recent posts of people exploring for native CPs has got me in the mood to find some. I'm by no means a city boy, but I've definitely never gone exploring for a specific plant, and I'm not sure how to go about it. I'm currently in Madison, WI, and wouldn't mind a day trip to see some local species. Anyone from the region have any suggestions on locations or a good way to go about it?

Thanks,

Kyle

I'm not from the region but I might be able to help. I use the PLANTS Database for finding possible sites where CPs could be located. Also a simple google search can be incredibly helpful. By searching for things like "bogs in Wisconsin," "Drosera Wisconsin," "Sarracenia Wisconsin," etc. you could save yourself a lot of time. By searching "bogs in Wisconsin" I was able to find several CP sites that you could visit:

Spruce Lake Bog State Natural Area
Cedarburg Bog State Natural Area
Black Tern Bog State Natural Area
Twin Lakes Bog State Natural Area

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Back