What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fertilizing Nepanthes?

• Thread starter power270lb
  • Start date
Seem to find many varying opinions. Some say fertilize the soil then flush a day later to remove mineral buildup, some say you can drop pellets right into the pitchers, etc etc. Was wondering peoples experiences and whats safe if I were to fertilize. What strength etc, I have 20-20-20 but read any fertilizer with copper is bad and also have fertilizer pellets perfect plants bonsai fertilizer, Any suggestions I greatly appreciate.

I had some plants that were really struggling. Not dead but they weren't growing at all. Leaf production stopped entirely. I rescued a few plants with maxsea and have had freat results. I use the 16-16-16 fertilizer. 1/4 teaspoon mixed into a gallon of water. Spray the leaves every 2 weeks. One plant that hadn't produced leaves in
2 or 3 years is growing leaves again.
You don't need to flush the soil if you foliar fertilize. I can send you some maxsea if you want.
:)

Back