What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fall Colors in Western NC

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
It's that time of year again. The temperatures are starting to get cooler and the leaves are starting to change. Here are a few pictures from Craggy Gardens on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

IMG_4567_zps53477bfa.jpg

colors_zpsf6f40b8a.jpg

sunshine_zpse8db4dbe.jpg

highway_zpsf8458805.jpg

color2_zps7c68e2e6.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Crystal

Niiiiicccceeeee!

so beautiful!

I love the parkway in the fall... except all the leaf tourists who drive 10 under the already low speed limit. I grew up in the Boone area. My dad actually helped do the columns for the linn cove viaduct. Unfortunately I didnt take this pic, but it's still a good representative.
Linn+Cove+Viaduct+Wide+Angle.jpg

Awesome pics Crissy!

Ive not been on the Blue Ridge Parkway in years.... very beautiful area, a hot air balloon or powered parachute trip would be amazing.

Butch

Thanks everyone for the kind words. :)

I barely got the pictures in time. The leaves didn't last long this year. They are all but gone here in the lower elevation where I live. The elevation where these pictures were taken is around 5,000. I'm sure the leaves are completely gone there now.

Back