What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exoterra terrarium thread!

Hey guys
I am building a new terrarium out of one of those Large, Wide terrariums by said company, so i want to see some great examples from the community! pictures and descriptions welcome and much appreciated!

I'll have one of the Low models once my Lasiodora parahybana is large enough. She's still small, so it may be a while. Mcmcnair set one up for pygmy Drosera.

I have the 36 x 18 x 24h terrarium and I like it. I have four t8 and 2 55watt t5 bulbs over it. I have a cool mist fogger on it as well as an exo terra misting system. I have all of the plants on a raised platform of white egg crate 4 inches off the bottom of the tank. All of my lights are off right now or I would post up some photos. I will be setting up an 18 inch cube as a cephalotus and orchid tank.

Thanks Wireman and James H. James can you get them pics up? no rush, just want to see.
are there any others who would like to share? seriously there are like 100 something views and 1 post from James and wireman (thank you). Again no rush, but i would like to point out that usually on most threads you guys are posting with great enthusiasm. Now i know im a person who rarely frequents this forum, and thus none of you probably know me that well, but i would hate for that to be the reason why so many are overlooking this thread. Do not get me wrong- i know most of you are experts, so dont take this as an offense to anyones skills as a grower or to your persons as a whole. i just really needed some help.
i know this might have sounded like some HUGE complaint, but its not (Edit: well i guess it does sound like one). i just needed to express what i thought. Those however who do take offense, i apologize, and if you dont want to post, thats fine. i just hoped for at least a couple in this lapse of time the thread has been posted.

I think the only reason I didn't post was because I'm not familiar with what exactly an exoterra terrarium is. I just built this one, does that count as one? :)

thanks divaskid, yeah thats close enough. 'sigh' i thought a lot of people knew what an exoterra was.

Here's my exoterra, I saw that these were on sale for $89 over the weekend.

20121018_162600.jpg

It's upside down.

Back