What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ebay seller

PitcherPlantJunkie

PitcherPlantDruggie
hey guys, I have some information about a eBay seller. Please click on the link below to see the full information please. Thank you
https://facebook.com/story/graphql_...wMDAwMDM3MTg4NjE1NTpWSzoyMzA5NjQ1MzQ1OTM1NzAw
Please be aware as to what I'm doing here. I'm not trying to denounce anyone, I'm just trying to raise awareness to this seller, wild collecting seeds are becoming more and more common and I think we should try to stop this. Please spread the message around please. Thank you

hey guys, I have some information about a eBay seller. Please click on the link below to see the full information please. Thank you
https://facebook.com/story/graphql_...wMDAwMDM3MTg4NjE1NTpWSzoyMzA5NjQ1MzQ1OTM1NzAw
Please be aware as to what I'm doing here. I'm not trying to denounce anyone, I'm just trying to raise awareness to this seller, wild collecting seeds are becoming more and more common and I think we should try to stop this. Please spread the message around please. Thank you

First of all, this information is not visible to anyone who does NOT have a Facebook account, and there are quite a few of us who do not.

Secondly, it is reasonable to assume that anyone selling Nepenthes species seeds from Indonesia, Borneo etc., are collecting seed from wild populations. Logic suggests that this is the only way they are obtaining seed, because mating female and male species parents under controlled conditions is difficult and an extremely rare opportunity. Assume all seeds found on fleabay are poached from wild populations. This is not new behavior - its been this way for years, and yet people still buy from these sellers.

Also, Facebook has been extremely broken all day so I can't even get to the link even with an account. I've never seen such a major outage.

Back