What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera Aliciae in bad shape under led grow lights after change of conditions.

• Thread starter quistes
  • Start date
Recently I've moved into a house with no natural light, so I put my Drosera Aliciae and Drosera Capensis under a LED grow light (they were in your typical window shill before, getting a little bit of morning sun and indirect sunlight for the rest of the day), this one to be more precise MasterColour CDM-TP MW 315W/930 3100K bombilla para LEC mixta floración | Philips | Saltón Verde ... 00k-solux/

Power: 65W
Nominal voltage: 85-265V
Luminous Flux Lumens: 6500Lm
Rendering Index: 95Ra
Color temperature: 4000K
Dimensions: 105x305mm
Number of LED lights: 6
CFL to LED equivalence: 200-250 W (CFL) equals 65W (LED)

They have been sitting under it for a week, 11 hours a day, at 13cm (aliciae) and 17cm (capensis) from the light itself.

Capensis looks right, but Aliciae started to look very brown and I don't know why. Is it too close? It needs more light? Less? I appreciate the help guys, thank you so much. I suppose there is some kind of stress shock involved due to the sudden change of conditions, but I also fear there is something more that I can't see. Is my first time using led grow lights, so I'm sure I made some mistakes.

Attachments

• 1f105e2b-11cb-4c18-b238-9dd88b0b4b45.jpg
    1f105e2b-11cb-4c18-b238-9dd88b0b4b45.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 6
When grown in proper conditions Drosera aliciae should be fairly red so I would say that it is just adjusting to the increased light. You might want to take some leaf cuttings in case though. The brown on the growing point on the right is somewhat concerning though, like the leaf just dried up. I don't grow many Drosera so hopefully another member with more expertise can chime in.

The thing is that I don't think is growing into the red leaves because there is a lot less dew than before, that's something that worries me too. Thanks for the answer btw!

Looks like they're just adjusting to the new conditions. As long as the crowns are in good shape and continuing to grow, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Nice, I'm quite relieved, thank you so much for the answers!

When grown in proper conditions Drosera aliciae should be fairly red so I would say that it is just adjusting to the increased light. You might want to take some leaf cuttings in case though. The brown on the growing point on the right is somewhat concerning though, like the leaf just dried up. I don't grow many Drosera so hopefully another member with more expertise can chime in.

Yes, I'm worried about the growing point of that one too. I've seen it happen before and it turned out well, but in this scenario I don't know what to think.

Judging from your photo I would expect that your D. aliciae are looking better now. Am I right?

Back