What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ah, it's back from the dead.

I'd like to see;
N. aristolochioides x (lowii x aristolocioides)
N. maxima x lavicola
N. naga x lingulata
N. ovata x veitchii
N. flava x spectabilis
N. naga x izumiae
N. izumiae x hamata
N. insignis x lowii
N. sibuyanensis x truncata
N. lavicola x peltata
N. lavicola x northiana

Ah, it's back from the dead.

I'd like to see;
N. sibuyanensis x truncata

?? that was done years ago..
NsibXtruncata1.jpg

S. Courtii 'antho-free' x (Leuco 'antho-free' x Flava 'antho-free')
even though this is a nep thread :p

I would like to see (klossii x edwarsiana) x ((aristocholoides x villosa) x (inermis x pitopangii)) that would be cool, excuse my spelling.

I would like to see (klossii x edwarsiana) x ((aristocholoides x villosa) x (inermis x pitopangii)) that would be cool, excuse my spelling.

I have a feeling that cross would end up being nowhere near as exciting as any one of its parents.

Well, we can tick rafflesiana x trusmadiensis off the list.

I'd like to see a bicalcarata x veitchii (candy striped) that has the fangs of bical and the striped peristome of veitchii. Probably would take lots of cross generations to do it. Maybe we'll see it in the F3 generations :)

Oh, and not to mention, (northiana x rajah) x sibuyanensis for size and tubby-ness' sake :D

Thought I'd revive an old one just for fun

N. dubia x ampullaria (or vice versa)
N. vogelii x glandulifera (or vice versa)
N. klossii x aristolochioides (or vice versa)
N. platychila x jacqueline (or vice versa)
N. platychila x vogelii (or vice versa)
N. ovata x veitchii -bario(or vice versa)
N. glabrata x argentii (or vice versa)
N. belii x argentii (or vice versa)
N. belii x glabrata (or vice versa)
N. (bellii x aristolochioides) x glabrata
N. lowii x inermis
N. lowii x clipeata (know it exists, but no pics yet)
N. lowii x ventricosa(c) or (d) or porcelain form
N. lowii x robcantleyi
N. (lowii x truncata) x robcantleyi
N. (lowii x truncata) x veitchii - bario
N. (lowii x truncata) x ovata
N. {lowii x (lowii x truncata)} x robcantleyi
N. lowii x campanulata F2
N. lowii x ventricosa F2
N. (lowii x ventricosa) x (ventricosa x ephippiata)
N. lowii x attenboroughii
N. lowii x eustachya
N. (truncata x ovata) x (robcantleyi x ovata)
N. (truncata-red x lowii) x robcantleyi

Last edited:
It's back from the dead!

N. lowii x attenboroughii would be intense...

N. (singalana x aristolochioides) x (spectabilis x singalana) is totally feasible it will probably only be a few years before it can be a reality.

I think N. rafflesiana by most anything would be great. N. rafflesiana x hamata ...

Then again, my classic dream hybrid of all dream hybrids...

N. argentii x bicalcarata.

id love to see any toothy HL x LL that would produce a LL tolerant toothy nep.

other than that I think it would be neat to see glabrata x bellii

my top 5 would be
Bicalarata X Klossii
Burbidgea X Campanulata
Clipeata X Distilatoria
((Northiana X Merriliana) X (Rajah X Peltata))
and my most wanted ((burbidgea X Veitchii)X(Northiana X Platychilla)) or swap Veitchii with Merriliana

Also for your toothy lowlander, Hamata and tentaculata are pretty closly related, so maybe the teeth would carry over if you found a dominant Hamata, and although tents are intermediat/highland they tolerate lowland conditions (and go as far down as 700M) but generally hybrids with macrophylla and hamata have poor teeth, same with most bical hybrids, small or no fangs, but atleast with Bical hybrids they normally retain the fast growth.

My singalana x clipeata is the closest to a toothy lowlander I've seen. It's not all that toothy but it sure does great as a lowlander.

n. gracilis "black" x hamata

hamata x robcantleyi would looks cool. I think rc x rajah would be fantastic too. Lowland-wise, sumatrana x rafflesiana (though I agree with the earlier statement, raff x anything is cool), or hamata x veitchii.

N. raff x hamata exists, but i don't think has ever been sold...

raffxham1.jpg

What?!

ima have to check on that....ep? might have to see what it's going for in the spring!

edit: you guys think the teeth will become more pronounced as the plant gets bigger?

Last edited:
N. (klossii x aristolochioides) x ephippiata

Now that's an interesting one. I wonder how the peristome would play out? Large and flared with distinct ridges?

That's what I had in mind. Plus, if it was one of the striped forms, that could possibly come into play like it has in the spectabilis and platychila crosses with hamata.
Not to mention tubby, hairy pitcher with possibility for some great patterns too.

Back