What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DonH's Nepenthes Pic Thread

Those look great, Don!

Those are big for Wistuba plants. Look at the size of those roots. :0o:

Super awesome.

Thanks guys (and gal)! I was impressed with the size of these plants too. I stayed up until 3:00 am in order to have a chance at ordering these plants from Germany. It was worth a sleepless night. LOL

Here's a new pitcher from my klossii. :) Under bright light, the mottling is brown while lower light gives it more of an orange pattern.

Last edited:
Nice, seems to be invading its neighbor's space a bit though.

My Wistuba order came in today. Woohoo!!!!!

N. pitopangii

N. pitopangii x 2 :-D

You made have to order a pito for myself. :p

Does Wistuba give genders for its plants which are cuttings and clones, or no?

You made have to order a pito for myself. :p
Better hurry up... pulchra, edwardsiana and pitopangii are available NOW at Wistuba. Don't know how long that's going to last.

Does Wistuba give genders for its plants which are cuttings and clones, or no?
I'm not sure. You can email him and ask.

Better hurry up... pulchra, edwardsiana and pitopangii are available NOW at Wistuba. Don't know how long that's going to last.

I'm not sure. You can email him and ask.
Its already done :)

I can't believe those prices of some of those plants, even after I convert them to my currency they are still really great for lowii and some other less common plants. Wow. Makes me hate my life that my mom doesn't want me to get any more ;(

Andreas' prices are really good. That's why there are vendors who can order from him, acclimate the plants, and still be able to sell them at a slight profit. Half my Nepenthes originate from him, the other half from Borneo Exotics. If you have never ordered from Wistuba before, you have to understand that they will arrive as very small plants (for the most part) and will require a bit more care until they settle in.

Last edited:
I love toothies!!!

Andreas' prices are really good. That's why there are vendors who can order from him, acclimate the plants, and still be able to sell them at a slight profit. Half my Nepenthes originate from him, the other half from Borneo Exotics. If you have never ordered from Wistuba before, you have to understand that they will arrive as very small plants (for the most part) and will require a bit more care until they settle in.

Fine by me, the joy I get out of caring for plants is the maintenance, and for those prices I am thinking of getting my grandma to order some for me while they are available so my mom can't yell at me :mwahaha:

Besides, I like that lowii is slow growing, means I can keep it in a small pot longer and wait longer before I have to trade it off for something smaller, so that they start out small is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
must have a heck of an orthodontist bill

:p

amazing collection Don

Who doesn't?!? :lol:
Great plants and very well grown :clap:
Thanks! The toothy Neps are what got me hooked on this hobby. It was actually a pic of a hamata.

Great family photos. The kids grow up so fast :-D
Yes, they do... :cry: Wait! That's a good thing right?

must have a heck of an orthodontist bill

:p

amazing collection Don
Thanks Butch! Have to save up for braces. :)

Too bad so many of the plants which have them are really expensive
Supply and demand... They are generally slow growing even under good conditions and difficult to find at a decent size.

There's something wrong with my highland grow chamber!

My N. aristolochioides has a weird pitcher for the first time. The tendril is curled behind the pitcher and it also has no "wings". ???

The distance between leaves have also increased. Maybe it's not getting enough light.

It's also happening to my hamata.

But the worst is the dubia Malea where it pops out of the grow chamber when I remove the plexiglass top.

If it couldn't get any worse, the dubia pitcher is deformed. It looks like a toilet with a twisted tendril!!!! Ugly!!! :puke:

There are so many things wrong with my plants!

I looked at my lingulata and I found an unusual tumor under the lid.

Here are a couple more pics. I think I'm going to take a nail clipper and clip it off.

This klossii continues to have these weird red leaves.

Something furry developing. Disgusting...

I bought this glabrata but somehow they gave me the wrong tag and it says pitopangii. I wanted a glabrata!!! Off to the trash bin it goes...

I found this lamii in the corner with the "glabrata" trying to photobomb. I thought it was dead but I guess it's clinging onto dear life.

I have nothing to say about this one... EEEEWWWW!!!!

I also have this weird weed growing on the surface of the freezer!!! Darn schizandras! Can't get rid of them...

Here's a couple more pics of my SG edwardsiana and BE villosa.

But seriously, I'm at that dreaded point where the plants are outgrowing the fridge. :-(

But seriously, I'm at that dreaded point where the plants are outgrowing the fridge. :-(

We in the business call that a "success failure." Nice looking highlanders.

Back