What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does your cat have the Buddah nature?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Flash Gordon does
flashbuddah.jpg

I walked into the bathroom and found my little Tuxedo cat sleeping in the sink with his paws in the proper hand positions for zen meditation. He can go from zero to killer at the drop of a feeder cricket. Or from my best friend to worst enemy who destroys my things, obviously in his attempt to teach me to live without attachment to material possessions... Truly Flash is my zen roshi! :D

What a sweetie! Love that tux! I miss my kitties. :-( I had such good kitties. Black kitties are special. He has very regal whiskers.

It's a sign you should go buddha! ahaha

Well, I am a post-apocalypse Bodhisattva, note my orange robe and respirator... "Hare, Hare Armagedda!"

I study all the worlds religious philosophies as one of my hobbies learning anything of value from each that I can find but I can't commit to any dogmas - catmas are always cool cos they can take it or leave it! :D

Flash and his brother (Sundance an orange tiger) were rescues from my uncle who is the Fire Supervisor of the Reservation Fire Dept. He found a litter of kittens under the dumpster outside of the Fire Dept and brought me these two (he took one home and distributed the rest to the other firefighters). Sundance was always the more adventurous and he ate something which caught in his gut and killed him, leaving Flash all alone so I adopted a female calico of the same age/size named Anna a year ago. They get along but they don't run and play together like Flash and Sundance used to. I was hoping they would. I used to laugh so hard at their acrobatics while they played and tore up the house.

heh-heh......... cute 'kitteh........

Yeah, when house-cats nap, they really can get into "a zone" can't they? And yet if they were the size of a lion or a tiger they would eat you while you slept. So strange to have a near-wild creature living among us, isn't it?

That's very sweet. Does he usually sleep in the sink?

What a beautiful cat!

Yep, he's a sink sleeper! I keep a towel in the sink for him so it's more comfy. The female cat likes to steal his spots so wherever he sleeps today she'll be there tomorrow, if she doesn't kick him out while he's sleeping there already. He never fights for his sleeping spots or his food, he just let's her do whatever she wants. :D

Back