What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does this look familiar to anybody?

• Thread starter ilbasso
  • Start date
Many, many years ago, I was sent this plant in a trade from somebody on here. It was not a particular cultivar, but rather a fairly complex hybrid. This is a long shot, but does this look exactly like a plant that somebody on here has and has sent out on trades? It is a female.

Attachments

• 20211115_205338.jpg
    20211115_205338.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211115_205327.jpg
    20211115_205327.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 11
Many, many years ago, I was sent this plant in a trade from somebody on here. It was not a particular cultivar, but rather a fairly complex hybrid. This is a long shot, but does this look exactly like a plant that somebody on here has and has sent out on trades? It is a female.
Ooh, is this the one I have too? If not, sure looks like it. She's been doing great; beautiful little chunk. Hope you are able to track down her breeder.

Ooh, is this the one I have too? If not, sure looks like it. She's been doing great; beautiful little chunk. Hope you are able to track down her breeder.
Hey there! Yes indeed, this is the one that you have!

Could be nepenthes 'St Gaya'

Could be nepenthes 'St Gaya'
It's definitely something a little bit different, (pattern on pitchers less distinct, leaves more pink and less copper) but I didn't realize how similar the lower pitchers looked until you said that! I have both so I will grab a side-by-side pic tomorrow. Darn close.

It's definitely something a little bit different, (pattern on pitchers less distinct, leaves more pink and less copper) but I didn't realize how similar the lower pitchers looked until you said that! I have both so I will grab a side-by-side pic tomorrow. Darn close.
Yes! I had somebody on another site who kept insisting it was Gaya and when I went to make a case for it not being one, I took a similar closer look and thought "wow!" They look like they could be siblings.

Hope this is useful - your gal is behind and there is a (lidless) St Gaya pitcher in front. They are grown in different light levels but otherwise similar conditions.

20211124_143930.jpg

Back