What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know Vinkus on ebay?

he won a plant of mine on there....and no contact, no payment....no idea what i should do. i dont want to file a complaint unless they are clearly not going to pay for the item. so does anyone know if he goes by another name on any of the CP forums?

Did you email him an invoice through ebay? Sometimes personal emails can get bounced as spam. In any case I don't know him.

This summer I had a guy order some succulents from me and they held the box of plants at his PO for over a month with repeated notes and delivery attempts but he never picked it up or was home. He did pay though he vanished after that. His PO returned the dead plants to me finally two months later. Four or five months later I still haven't heard from the guy. I still have his box of shriveled up plants just incase. You just never know, maybe the person died or got sent to Iraq or abducted by aliens...? lol

Not sure if Andy will get mad about the subject matter of this thread or not so it might not be up long! lol

he won a plant of mine on there....and no contact, no payment....no idea what i should do. i dont want to file a complaint unless they are clearly not going to pay for the item. so does anyone know if he goes by another name on any of the CP forums?

It is customary to wait a few days. I would make a good faith attempt to contact him again and let him know that, unless payment is received within "x" number of days, the item will be re-listed at the very least; whether you file a complaint is another issue.

There's always hunting him down like a dog . . .

ive sent him an invoice now twice, a couple of messages through ebay as well.
Also if Andy feels like its a violation or something (this thread) He may delete it, i dont mind...im just trying to find out another way to contact this guy.

he won a plant of mine on there....and no contact, no payment....
Makes it easy to understand why many sellers have a note on the bottom "If item not paid for in XX days, it will be re-listed". Also explains why some sellers act shocked when they receive payment from me within minutes of winning an auction. Seems simple enough > I want it > I bid > I win > I pay > I receive it quickly. Not a difficult process ... :scratch:

I'm the same way Ron. I always pay right away after winning an auction. It seems like a very difficult concept for some. I just had a buyer purchase an item, both their shipping address and telephone number are for McDonalds in TX. I've filed a claim to get my fees back. No contact, no payment. It's been almost three weeks.

Crissytal, i saw that hes won stuff from you on there....Do you happen to have an old email address stored from his paypal?

I have an email address, probably the same one you have. I'll PM you. I've personally never had any issues with him, but it has been awhile since I've had any dealings.

I want it > I bid > I win > I pay > I receive it quickly.
I pay immediately too If I'm not at work when the email arrives that tells me I've won something. Otherwise I pay as soon as I get home and check my email.

Perhaps people overbid on to many items and that's how you explain non-payers? I know I've spent most of my extra money from my paycheck on evilbay before by "accident" but I always pay anyway. I figure my score is everything when it comes time for me to sell stuff, best keep a good one.

i sell a lot on ebay and a good portion never get paid for. That is why ebay has streamlined the nonpaying bidder process, lowered it from 7 days to 4 days, and made it easier to get you FVF back and to be able to relist your item quicker. I file the complaint as soon as the 4 days are up and then I add that buyer to my blocked bidder list. It may sound harsh, but most of them don't realize that you have to pay fees on those items and that when they don't pay it costs you money! It's a business and the rules are clearly set.

I accept with informationMakes it easy to understand why many sellers have a note on the bottom "If item not paid for in XX days, it will be re-listed".

eBay rules say you can make a second chance offer to the next highest bidder if you've filed for a resolution of non-payment rather than re-listing item. You'd sell it to the second higher bidder as a "buy-it now" item at the price that person bid, not the winning bid.

He paid yesterday morning, thought i posed that here...so its all good.

Back