What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY Tattoo

Did it my self using Sewing needle and india ink

3057796391_aa25e3fb6e.jpg

Just seeing how it turns out, I couldnt clean out the little "groves" in my finger because I didnt want to scrub to much and rub the ink out

Yea and I wanted a tattoo, I dont have any and havent had money for any.

never understood the getting a tattoo for the sake of getting a tattoo......gotta couple designs i want related to my heritage and family but rather go without ink and eventually get what i really want than just getting something cheap for the sake of getting one.....

I've got summa those myself, I did them at about 13 years old (20 years ago now) they go from crappy to worse and the blurry pics don't help any either...

cr@ss Anok & Peace sigil left forearm:
tat1.jpg

A silhouette of a skeleton climbing through barbed wire left forearm underside:
tat2.jpg

Toxic sign left upper arm:
tat3.jpg

Someday I'd like to either buy a real machine and redo them or have them redone or made into something better, like flowering vines and stuff growing out and over the toxic sign, a child waving the cr@ss sign on a flag like on the Feeding of the 5000 LP sleeve, and the skeleton properly filled in with a glowing mushroom cloud behind it.

I had also done one tat in red - the Conflict "N" sign with eagle wings at my left wrist - however within 2 years the entire design "vanished" since red was the only ink I used on that one.

I did a whole design on a pal's shoulderblade in highschool which was a pair of long alien hands holding a human baby. Wish I had a pic of it, since I wasn't doing it on myself (bad angle to work from even with a mirror) it came out really good.

I wanna get a gun and practice on my thighs..

Like the Old cr@ss Symbol

I never understood the reason people like tatoos. Personally I hate having ink on my hands. Though in 6th grade I wasn't paying attention and walk into a beam. I was holding a pencil point to my hand and now 3 years later I have a gray dot in my hand. :( Also how to tatoos stay in you skin? Why doesn't your body remove it or shed it.

I don't know where the line is drawn between self-expression and self-abuse, but DIY tatoo can't be far away. At least it's a smiley face; that should help avoid calls for physchiatric intervention.

hows that self abuse???

That doesnt make sense, a tattoos a tattoo no matter how you do it, I'm doing the most primative way of doing it besides cutting my self and pouring ink in, India Ink is entierly non toxic if it is REAL india ink. If I didnt have India Ink I could use Ash or Berries

Im CRAZY cause i did something I wanted to so what If I had put a >.< face it would mean im crazy? Im not even done, im going to get some color and make it a walmart smiley face

Personally I hate having ink on my hands.

ive got it more or less perminately on my hands from running printing presses.....generally its gone after a few showers but i rarely go more than a shower or two before getting my hands inky again......course this is only the rule when using my standard blanket wash......when cleaning certain parts of the machines i have to use lacquer thinner to removed dried ink......that thins it down REALLY good and really makes it easy to suck down deep into your pores....that stuff takes a lil longer to wear off......i can spend a half hour at the sink with any soap known o man and i cant get my hands clean :D

I have been considering a tattoo, but since it is a rather permanent procedure I would consider it an investment, and have it done by someone who actually had a drawing ability to do something that I liked and was interesting. And it would be on my shoulder or something covered usually and not on my lower arm, because lets face it, often tattoos do not flatter after a certain age point. What is cool on you at 20 may not be at 40...

And it would be on my shoulder or something covered usually and not on my lower arm, because lets face it, often tattoos do not flatter after a certain age point.
Bah, such a square thing to say! lol!;)

J/K

I remember seeing old army guys (such as gramps) when I was a kid with the blob of green ink that used to be a tattoo of... something on their arm! The quality dark inks made nowadays don't do that spreading or the absorbing like the red did on me and virtually dissipate over time. Though sun is the enemy of red ink and it will erode the color basically no matter what you do. My 50 something uncle got a red dragon done pro at a shop where my cousins get theirs and all color is basically gone after a couple years going back and forth to Belize several times a year and working outdoors. The black outlines are still sharp however.

Tats look a lot better when done by someone else other than the tattooist themselves (no matter the method employed) because of the procedure used when another person does it, the stencil application, the angle of approach by the needle/whale bone/etc. Somewhat akin to going to the dentist or doing your own dentistry, one's easy and one is hard! lol!

As far as the "pain" so many people think of it's actually rather momentary leading to a transcendental experience where pain becomes only sensation and seemingly "unreal". it's hard to explain until you actually experience it I suppose. After it gets underway for a bit adrenaline (or similar) seems to take over and the pain becomes a numbing and "self anesthetizing". This is the "transcendent" part of it I suppose. Pain no longer becomes something to fear but something you know you can overcome (within reason obviously) I could say future pains seem to be actually reduced after such experiences.

As far as it being "abusing" your fleshy temple goes, if we believe in freedom of choice of what people choose to do with their bodies sexually, I feel treating your body chemically or artistically is just another aspect of that same self freedom as it "harms' none but the one seeking the experince. The same guy I did the alien hands/baby on I also pierced his nipples (he blacked out on the first one lol) and another friends eyebrow, numerous noses and ears. Nowadays it's all rather fashionable I suppose.

Incidentally Nep AK, ebay has awesome deals on machine kits! A two machine setup for like $250 with shipping and most necessary start up goodies, as well as (make a note of this) Silicone Skins to practice on. I think 3 packs go for $9. Way better than practicing on yourself or the old standby (the grapefruit).

If I was going to get one, I'd get the Valnott.

Those of the Àsatru religion who have dedicated their lives to Odin favor the Valnott. The Valnott or "death knot", the triple triangle shown below, is one of Odin's symbols. Odin's followers have a tendancy to die violently, so wear this symbol at your own risk! I do not recommend this symbol as a tattoo and include it here primarily as a warning.

valknot.gif

Last edited:
No eh, "sunwheel"? lol! ;)

I just mean be extra vigilant in researching who else is using the Teutonic symbolism if you don't wanna be associated with certain political affiliations. I think RAHOWA (RAcial HOly WAr) band/magazine uses the 9 triangles IIRC. I caused a Goth girl I know to throw away her Current 93 teeshirt cos I pointed out the design on it was the nazi's Totenkopf (death's head) sigil. I didn't intend for such drastic consequences for her wardrobe, I just thought she should know.

I remember doing an interview with Thor on my 23rd birthday, he was one of the original "over the top" rockers who used viking/Asatru imagery and lyrics (starting in 1978). He had just reformed for a new record and tour and was doing press for the CD reissues of the old LPs Thunder on the Tundra, Unchained, etc. and I started telling him about today's neo-nazi/pagan metal bands such as Nastrond, Burzum, Graveland, etc. who are using the Asatru symbolism and viking mythos for purposes other than enjoyment of symbolism and history and use it to promote hate. He was quite shocked to learn of it to say the least.

As far as it being "abusing" your fleshy temple goes, if we believe in freedom of choice of what people choose to do with their bodies sexually, I feel treating your body chemically or artistically is just another aspect of that same self freedom as it "harms' none but the one seeking the experince. The same guy I did the alien hands/baby on I also pierced his nipples (he blacked out on the first one lol) and another friends eyebrow, numerous noses and ears. Nowadays it's all rather fashionable I suppose.

I agree. As long as you arn't doing it to harm your body it isn't self abuse. Its not like you are cutting yourself becuase you are sad or something.

I thought the standby was pork with the skin still attached.

Um, does anyone know how to get graphite out of my palm?

I used to want a tattoo 'cos I thought they were cool. But I knew dad would hate it so I started on the sticker type first. Then I tried henna which stayed on for about 2 weeks. Fortunately for dad, I came to realise that I get bored of seeing the same thing on myself for more than 3 days. Even manicure don't get to stay on for a week no matter how great they look. LOL

My dad hated my tattoos too "well, now the pigs (police) will find ya for sure!" I recall him saying the day he saw the crass one.

Dad was a Vietnam war draft dodger so anything that IDs you to the fuzz was bad to him. Tune in, turn on, drop out, while blending in (frontin') was his motto. lol!

There's a great looking book on the history of Henna and creation of the designs at the 1/2 price bookshop, I think that's some really beautiful stuff! :)

Back