What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dionaea from Adnedarn

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
These plants all came from Adnedarn about a week ago. His new store has good quality plants. I just put live LFS in there so it should look really good in a month when it settles in. Unfortunately, I can't get the deep red that the Arizona sun gives the plants at his place, so I expect them to turn pink soon.

DSC02246.jpg

DSC02247.jpg

DSC02243.jpg

DSC02244.jpg

DSC02245.jpg

I got some of his VFT 'Dente Traps' a couple weeks ago and they look great. I'm starting to get them used to outside sun now. I also got some D. adelae from him and they are dewing up and looking good.

Are you growing yours indoors or out?

Looking great! Thanks for sharing :) I told you those "big" typicals were HUGE!! (on left in 3rd picture bottom of last just barely peaking in :p ) I really do think they are some type of green form as I've never gotten any more than a hint of pink out of them...

Steve, I really would say they're "ready" for any sun. I don't think there is anywhere that gets much more, if any than I get. My green house is not shaded at all and gets sun 100% of the day. Plus we barely get any cloudy days.... except during monsoon season and that is supposed to start in the next few weeks.. then we get storms rolling in around 4 or 5 pm and last until approx 9-10pm (these storms are powered by our OUTRAGEOUS heat during the day putting moisture into the air.....)

Those typicals sure are good-looking! :)

Thanks. I'm growing them out on the deck.

@ Andrew: I usally baby my plants a little until I think they have recovered from any shipping shock (your plants didn't seem to be in much shock) and have had a chance to settle into their new pot. Air's a little thinner at 8000' so I have to be careful of the extra UV i get up here. Some plants aren't phased and others are thoroughly fried in a couple hours. Hard to tell which will be fried, though VFTs have proven to be pretty hardy.

@ JLAP: You may see some color in them yet if there's any to be seen. I grow mine on my porch too. They get sun from early AM to early afternoon. All that nice sun tends to bring out the red in them. Your plants are looking good. Another week and they will be taking over the deck!

Oh yeah, my Akai Ryu are looking good, too. They are a bit green now from being inside but they'll redden up nicely in the next few days.

lol! JLAP....those plants will fill that container in no time. Especially since you are growing them in the sun. Man! those traps look perfect. :D

Back