What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give Away Devil's Claw Seeds

• Thread starter pearldiver
  • Start date
I recall a while back someone here posted a giveaway for some of these seeds. Pack of ten maybe? Cannot recall. Recently I harvested seed from several pods, not sure precisely which one, but the seeds are white (which is not a certain way to tell variety as some can be black and others white in the same species, so I hear) and the flowers are mostly purplish pink with some yellow to the throat. That said, it seemed demand was fairly high, so I thought I might offer up some here to those who did not get any in that giveaway. I am thinking maybe five lots of ten - fifteen seeds each - one per person. If you are interested, post your number, (start with one, etc.) TF handle/screenname, and winners will be determined by RNG in about a week. Postage on you, via padded envelope. Paypal or concealed cash, your choice. Say $3.50. That should cover the postage. Wanna skip that part? Offer me something interesting in trade...but not necessary. These seeds are from Spring 2017, so pretty darn fresh. Should be no trouble starting them in the spring. Do wait till it warms up a bit to plant, but either way it should be ok. Plant in the ground if you can, or in BIG pots. Small pots do not work well. If your name comes up as a winner - I will list names here after the drawing, then email me gnixon@satx.rr.com to hash out the details. Include your name, TF handle, and address, so I can keep everyone straight. Good luck. Ciao!

by the way, Peter D'amato says more or less (think it was him) who said find some of these seeds/pods in some weedy lot, and they probably won't sprout or grow well. Get them from a fellow gardener and they will most likely do well.

White seeds and pinkish flowers are Proboscidea parviflora; if the pods have 4 hooks, var. hohokamiana.

Edit: messed up the variety name

Last edited:
The pods have four hooks. So Probiscidea parviflora var. hoohokaminiana.

Last edited:
1. Grey Moss thanks for the interesting giveaway!

1. Grey Moss thanks for the interesting giveaway!
2. Acro

Thanks for offering these! :D

Looks like you two folks. Email me your info/address and I will mail out to you. Happy growing!

Last edited:
Looks like you two folks. Email me your info/address and I will mail out to you. Happy growing!

Thanks! I'll get that info sent tonight. Have to go out now. :D

Packets going out today or tomorrow. Thanks for participating!

Thank you for making these available! :D

Last edited:
Envelopes mailed several days ago, you should have them by now.

You're exactly right. I just got mine in the mail today actually. Thanks again for the great giveaway!

And thank you for the very generous extra! Just opened the packet. What was the tube of seed of? I couldn't quite read the label for it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back