What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

delayed seedling growth

hey guys, quick qestion. last fall i sowed some N.rafflesiana seeds and they germinated pefectly. But now that they about a yeard old im kinda starting to worry a little, i know there not the fastest grower but they have been the same size for about more then six months and im starting to see some rotting among some of them, im guessing all of this is due to to much humidty and if it is, then im going to need to transplant them, how can i do that without disturbing them too much? they are still real small.

wow thanks for all replys guys.

Heh, I'm having some of the same issues - sometimes the seedlings "catch" and thrive, sometimes they just sit there. To try to answer your questions, we need more info: How small is small? How are they being grown (conditions, soil, etc). Can you get a pic?

For me, once they get to about 2 cm in diameter, I pot them up in regular nep mix. Also, after the seed has germinated and the first pitchers show, I transition them from covered to uncovered (basically wait for humid weather and remove the lids). From then on, they live in the same conditions as the rest of my neps.

Capslock

I transplant into an appropriate (either LL or HL) mix after they are 1 inch across, or after 1 year, whichever comes first.

Mine get stuck at 4 leaves. Each time the 5th leave grows, the 1st one dies.
This has happened to all seedlings I have tried, which are sown and germinated uncovered.

Back