What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. scorpioides, Don't Give UP!

Just wanted to tell a quick reassuring story for anyone whose scorpioides gemmae don't pop up right off the bat. In one of my pots with really old plants in it I plucked the gemmae last year and spread them all over the pot. They never came up, not a single one. I have so many plants I never really payed too much attention to the fact that there were no new ones. A week or two ago, I was looking in that pot and they are coming up finally, after sitting for almost a year. It's conceivable that these new plants are from seed but doubtful. So all I'm saying is "Leave it alone, just let them come!"

Very interesting. I had no idea that they could live a year before they sprout.
dewy

neither did i, but i suppose that they would if you don't keep them too dry or wet.

Yeah I have always seen them either rot or shrivel if they don't grow out. I did not notice these on the soil anymore after a month or two but they must have settled in there.

Surprizing;y, all of mine have survived and have grown into plants. I wonder why they don't sprout. Wouldn't they die in their natual environment if it normally happened?

Back