What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. rotundifolia germination.

glider14

Always a newbie
no big deal right? when i first got these seeds i split them into 2 groups. one with and one with out stratification. well. the ones that didnt go through stratification. have sprouted! i have 2 seedlings. right now. i have only half of 'Charles Darwin' right? if these plants can go without a dormancy, can i call them 'Charles Darwin'? ill get pics up as soon as my battery charges.
Alex

Alex,

Are those seeds the ones I sent you? If so they experienced a natural period of stratification of sorts. They were harvested very late from a outdoor bog. So even though they did not sit on the ground to stratify, the seeds were exposed to wet very cool conditions for a couple weeks in the pods.

In fact just for fun I took a full flowerscape from the same bog and laid it in my rotundifolia pot. It has now sprouted into hundreds and hundreds of little seedlings. I will pop a picture later if I get a chance.

yep these were the ones from you. oh well i thought i had something :D.
Alex

Back