What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give Away D. capensis 'wide' AND D. tokaiensis AND Manilkara zapota Seeds

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
*UPDATE*
Update!

Here is what remains to be taken for FREE! :D

Two groups of 15 D. capensis 'wide'. I'm looking for two members to take these.

Remember, to be eligible the rules must apply:
You need a post count equal to or higher than mine . . .
OR be a member of this website as long, or longer than me . . .
OR have had a "Give-Away" on this website within the last 2 calendar months (put one up today and your eligible!)
And just cover shipping.

First two members to contact me (that meet one of the above criteria) get the plants!
PM me now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Original Message Below:

I have a bunch of plantlets that need to be rehomed, they are getting too big (but they are still small, about a half inch tall).

D. capensis 'wide' - I'd like to get these out in groups of 10 to 25, just tell me how many you want.

D.tokaiensis - I'd like to get these out in groups of 5.

Manilkara zapota Seeds - I have 50 to give away, take all or just a few, let me know how many you want.

All you need is a post count equal or higher than mine, OR be a member of this website as long, or longer than me, OR have had a "Give-Away" on this website within the last 2 calendar months (put one up now and your eligible!).
And just cover shipping.

First come first serve! No need for a list. Just PM me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi there,

I think I would like to have some of the D. tokaiensis. If you wish, you might include some of the C. c. wide, but not necessary and not if that conflicts with the plan here. I currently am growing an unknown Capensis, with seed/flower stalks in the 14" range, and a recently acquired Capensis "big pink." Of the former, if you would like a couple of the seed pods to play with, let me know and I can send you a few. I have not pinched one open to see how "full" they are, but they look full, and have been in the past. Thanks for the offer, anything you are seeking? Doubt I would have it, but you never know...the last bit, the seeds, tropicals tend to do well here, more or less, but often can freeze in the winter, if we do get those, though typically that is rare-ish, and and often a frost event lasts hours, or more likely minutes, though we do have those days from time to time that it can go extended. So I don't know how they would do for me...though I do trade with some folks locally who do - so maybe I should ask for some, your call as to how many I will accept whatever you have on offer. Really though, in the end, success with tropicals here mostly depends upon how well you cover them up, and/or bringing them inside. Probably pretty much the same everywhere that is subject to some frost. Unless of course, your seeds are from a frost tolerant plant, in which case I am just gassing here.:) Anyhews, just let me know about the postage, or if you wish, send it on and let me know and I will PP or send concealed cash after you mail out. Whatever works best for you.

Thanks,

P/D aka Paul

Another thing, I have recently acquired a 20 gal high tank and am thinking about making a terrarium near my kitchen. Thoughts, ideas? I am considering several, from false bottoms with recirculating water, scaped, part in/part out of water, to all pots at the same "ground" level...to all utrics, to all Neps, to a mix to...??? Still thinking about what sort of light to purchase, wondering about a few I saw mainly for reptiles, but with controls to alter the light spectrum and can recreate (sort of) storms and the like. Do a soft start like dawn and dusk, if you will. I have no idea of how well that sort of thing works. My inner sceptic says an LED is what it is, and can it really have its color spectrum altered that way...seems a bit dicey/unlikely/impossible...but then again, technology marches on every day, so there is that.
You should edit out your address and send it privately in a message for your own privacy.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
PM sent.

MP sent!

Bit OT but if you run out of the sapodilla (Manilkara zapota) seeds i can send seeds of those or mamey (Pouteria sapota) to anyone with a SASE. The trees are everywhere here. Note that the trees from seeds won't produce the most desirable fruit (if they ever get big enough).

Last edited:
I got back to everyone interested. :D
If you sent me a PM and I didn't reply, please let me know.

As for everyone else . . .
Right now I'm out of D. tokaiensis.
Still have some D. capensis 'wide', but I'm putting those on 'hold' for the moment, until ship some out and see how many I have left. I'll update in a few days.
Have plenty of Manilkara zapota seeds available! PM me if you'd like some.

Checking in. Haven't received a reply for a few days. No rush. :)

Hi Everyone,

Is this thread still open?

Thank you!

Hey all!

I had to travel and was busy with work, sorry for the delay!
I will reply to all my PMs (tonight or tomorrow) and get this moving.
I'll also let everyone know if I have more plants available.

Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Are any available still? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

*UPDATE*
Update!

Here is what remains to be taken for FREE! :D

Two groups of 15 D. capensis 'wide'. I'm looking for two members to take these.

Remember, to be eligible the rules must apply:
You need a post count equal to or higher than mine . . .
OR be a member of this website as long, or longer than me . . .
OR have had a "Give-Away" on this website within the last 2 calendar months (put one up today and your eligible!)
And just cover shipping.

First two members to contact me (that meet one of the above criteria) get the plants!
PM me now!

Last edited:
Back