What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D burmannii in Michigan

Out on my balcony I have a 20gal bog.
Last year I purchased 10 D burmannii for with the intention of purchasing some every year.
Money got even tighter for everyone this year so now new burmannii for me.
Or so I thought, apparently what happened was through my neglect seed got lost into the bog (frankly I thought it would be sterile anyway) and it survived our winter. About a month ago I noticed a few dew seedlings that I couldn't identify. Every other day I would take a count wile I was waiting for one to get big enough to identify. Yup burmannii so far 40 of them.

I'm going to snag up a few of the smaller ones to bring inside and keep the rest out. I'll report as soon as one flowers. If all goes well this should inspire other Northerners to try even tropical annuals and even perennials as outdoor annuals.

Wow....only 40! ...you wouldn't have some for trade would you?

Wow....only 40! ...you wouldn't have some for trade would you?

Once it stops raining and my bog drains I'll take some pictures and let ya know what I'm not willing to part with.
I'm telling though, most of the ones I'm willing to give up are just large enough to identify. 'Cause I don't wanna risk my new found experiment.

Back