What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give Away D. Burmannii "Humpty Doo" seeds

• Thread starter ChefDean
  • Start date
My Humpty Doo was pretty productive last year, but passed on over the winter. I have tried to grow them from seed, and I can get them to sprout, but they don't make it past the seedling stage. I'm going to try one more time, but I think someone else should get a chance at growing some.
I have over 100 seeds that I'll split as evenly as possible to give away to 2 lucky winners, hopefully you'll have better luck.
I'll cover postage to a US address, quick timeframe, drawing on Wednesday.
Standard format,
1. You
2. Not you
3. The other guy
etc.

1.sangrocks101 (If give some plants to you if I have some luck and you want some)

I have tried to grow them from seed, and I can get them to sprout, but they don't make it past the seedling stage.
I'm not entering, but I did read up on this species and found this: "the seedlings only lived for 2 months and then died out. The next time I grew Drosera burmannii from seed, I fed a few of the seedlings, and they took off like crazy." from here: www.growsundews.com/sundews/burmannii.html
Just trying to help out. Good Luck! :D

1.sangrocks101 (If give some plants to you if I have some luck and you want some)
2. Nikki630 -- thanks for the giveaway

Well, I said it was going to be quick and drawn on Wednesday. I gotta go cook dinner, so let's do this.
After a completely random drawing, the two winners are numbers 1 and 2!
CONGRATS to sangrocks101 and Nikki630!
PM me your address and I'll get them sent out as soon as possible.
Congratulations to the winners.

I'm not entering, but I did read up on this species and found this: "the seedlings only lived for 2 months and then died out. The next time I grew Drosera burmannii from seed, I fed a few of the seedlings, and they took off like crazy." from here: www.growsundews.com/sundews/burmannii.html
Just trying to help out. Good Luck! :D

Thanks Acro, I'll give it a shot. I've fed baby dews nutritional yeast before, I'll go that route if I get seedlings from this attempt.

Last edited:
I have received addresses from both winners, and both envelopes will go out in today's post, April 16.
Congrats to both, and enjoy!

Back