What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creative ways to use a Flower pot

• Thread starter CN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    flower

CN

BANNED
Here is a creative way to use a flower pot
This is a Flower Pot Smoker .
I made this a year ago an plan to make another one very soon.

flowerpot.jpg

flowerpotsmoker.jpg

ribsaboutdone.jpg

Picture.jpg

when you said flower pot smoker I thought you meant bong. XD

LOL nope but that is funny

Couldn't you have called it the Flower Pot Grill? xD Anyway, VERY creative! I want a bite of that steak. ;)

It is a smoker. A grill won't give it that great hickory smokiness.

It is a smoker. A grill won't give it that great hickory smokiness.

this is very True lol
an you can have a bite of that only if you like Deer steak lol :-O

Neat! That glass thing ontop does kinda look like an old bong though :p

I could definitely see the confusion. It will look even more so when it is "fired up" and actually smoking some meat. :D

it was a very good smoker an it did not dry the meat out at all which was very suprising

crack filler sauce mmm mmm mmmm :)

great concept!

~billy

NO lol i didnt use crack filler you are to 2nd person who has said that lol

Yah, he uses pot filler sauce, it gives you a better cooking experience.

cool, have seen that done before, most report good results......and it is definatly smoking not grilling.......smoking is low heat an lots of time, grilling is high heat and lil time..........

this lil smoker no matter what i did i could put in a smal bowl of wood chips on the burner an the temp would not go above 250º which is what i like SLOW & LOW hehehehe
but it only cost like $60 to build

i do most of my smoking at 225* to 250*...............your doing good.....keeping a constant temp and constant thin blue smoke is the key to consistently good eats.......

of course you may notice the soldier i had to loose to keep the ribs an steaks moist lol ..

let me find the links where i found the idea an i will post for everyone eating pleasure lol

You can use a flower pot to make an Olla, all you do is get a clay pot, with no whole at the bottom, bury it and leave 1-2 inches above ground, plant some plants around it and fill the pot with water, as the plants need water the water will go threw the pot into the soil, and this way you dont have to worry about splashing mud on plants and accidentally washing plants out of the soil.

Kamil

Mmmmm..........

Now I'm hungry.

Back