What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crazy new usps rule (maybe just local I dunno)

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
My local PO has announced a new policy; I don't know if this is system wide and if it is only for the holidays

They will only accept non-express mail packages from 3-4:00pm.... omg its already a half hour wait in line much of the time. Can you imagine now, with Christmas... sheesh

The notice states they will refuse any packages outside of this one hour period.

I don't see this working LOL,

What a cluster....

seriously? How stupid is the usps?

Wow - that has to be a location-specific policy.

Our local post office frequently has no customers in it when I arrive. How crazy would that be - I arrive at 9am, I'm the only customer in the place (& they have 3 bays & two are staffed w/ clerks) & both clerks look at me & say I've got to return at 3pm to mail my package. LOL.

I've got at least 5 post offices within a 5 mile radius & none are on the potential closure list ....

WHAAAT?? That's nuts! In all my years I've maybe received 2 express mail packages ever. (Live baby Mantid nymphs both times... LOL ) I can't believe there's that many people shipping express.

its not that they need that much time for express, just express is next day... so it has to go out by 2pm in most cases

I think its basically to limit te counter people needed during the majority of the day.

3-4:00pm will be a nightmare.... we have just the one PO

How about setting up a courier pickup?

Thats crazy I guess now you will just have to get there really early.

Back